Don Banks likes what we've done...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...vers/index.html

AFC East: Buffalo (Going up) -- I foresee the Bills being in the thick of the AFC wild-card scrum as the regular season winds down in '08. They're better at quarterback with Trent Edwards entering his second season as the unquestioned starter. They're better at offensive coordinator, where Turk Schonert will fight predictability at every turn. They're better in the defensive interior even if tackle Marcus Stroud is no longer a Pro Bowl perennial, and they're better with cornerback Leodis McKelvin and receiver Kevin Hardy arriving via the draft. With improved health early on, Buffalo's season won't be over before it even starts, as was the case in '07.

:)

I lost respoect for Banks when he had this to say:

"It seems the Patriots have been rather methodical of late when it comes to the business of rescaling the NFL's mountaintop, and I missed the trend. In case you haven't noticed, since last winning a Super Bowl, the Pats have lost in the divisional round ('05, at Denver), the AFC title game ('06, at Indy), and in the Super Bowl ('07). You know what that means. There's only one more step left to take in '08."

Yep. To watch the Bills beat San Diego in the AFC Championship.

They're better at offensive coordinator, where Turk Schonert will fight predictability at every turn.

HTF would Banks know this? Schonert has never been an OC. No basis whatever to make that comment.

This is the difference between fantasy and reality. I think Banks must be beta testing Madden 08 and putting his own fantasy ratings in for his players.

HTF would Banks know this? Schonert has never been an OC. No basis whatever to make that comment.

This is the difference between fantasy and reality. I think Banks must be beta testing Madden 08 and putting his own fantasy ratings in for his players.

Ah...did it ever occur to you that a veteran writer like Banks may have talked to Schonert a time or two, spoken with people who know Turk, might be familiar with his NFL career and or know with mentors like Wyche what kind of approach to the game he's most comfortable with?

Probably not....

Banks is saying that just about anyone who is the least bit knowledgeable about offensive play calling in the NFL, and especially those who were on the Buffalo Bills sidelines during the 2007 season, would understand what needs to happen this season on offense.

This is not some fantasy vs reality; more like d'oh, use some imagination in your offense and your team will get better, way better.