Drafting a WR

berndogg

The consensus seems to be the the Bills will draft a big WR in the first two rounds. The question is, do they have a specific one in mind? It seems like in february Limas Sweed was the obvious pick of the WR litter. Then it was Kelly. Now its Devin Thomas with James Hardy making a late push. All of this draft board movement has happened after these guys played their last college game. I'm very curious to see if the Bills think one of these guys is head and shoulders above the rest and they need to take him at 11, or trade down and get him late in the first if they think he'll still be available. Or do they think that its impossible to tell who is going to be the best and who is going to be the 4th best out of this group? If thats the case they'll probably just take the best available non WR at 11, then take whoever is left out of those 4 in the second round. I'm predicting that this scenerio is the most likely, and I'm fine with that.

I think a good question that comes out of all this last hour movement on the boards is what really causes these movements? I mean, for the most part these players haven't done much of anything in the past couple of weeks.

I think it is jockeying by sports reporters to up their competitors by creating news, giving readers fresh material and likely simply trying to speculate on what "inside sources" are saying.

I think it's obvious that we will draft a WR in the first round. The WR position was not addressed in free agency, and we picked up a CB during FA so far. I would love to see us draft 2 WR's, we need some depth.

I think the perfect scenario would be drafting both Thomas (1st rd) & Kelly (2nd rd), but I also think that would be a stretch. As long as we get 1 of the top 4 WR's, I'll feel that we made the right move.