Montreal Riot Aftermath...

Spun

The city of Montreal is melting down:

Pictures:

http://galeriedephotos.cyberpresse.ca/inde...a=4640&m=cp

Comments:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/stor...12-fbe969f2fdb8

Amateur drinkers wanting attention. What happened to just winning?

And booing the US anthem. Again. Nice...

Well... I was there and my comments are :

1) With respect to the booing, some people starting booing and as soon as that happened, the rest starting cheering to drown them out.

2) Most of the people rioting were caught on tape. So far I believe 20 ppl were arrested and more are on the way.

I hate to say this:

GO PHILLY! GO MARTY! GO DANNY!

PHIL is the lesser of two evils... They do have tools for fans, I don't think they would burn and riot after a first round win though...

Again, I don't get the MTL logic... They are like the NY Yankees of hockey... They have won in every decade!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hate to say this:

GO PHILLY! GO MARTY! GO DANNY!

PHIL is the lesser of two evils... They do have tools for fans, I don't think they would burn and riot after a first round win though...

Again, I don't get the MTL logic... They are like the NY Yankees of hockey... They have won in every decade!

Lesser of two evils?

See you are out in force after the gift tonight?

Ya... Both MTL and PHIL fans suck... Your brethren burned police cars after a FIRST ROUND win...

I give Yankee fans more credit... You are the Yankees of the hockey world, no?

Are we? My brethren lol

We do have the same problems in the US. Typically, it involves juvenile delinquents and amateur drinkers. Montreal does have a lot of punks that run too fre with little or no help from the cops. The facebook generation has included some idiots who organize and celebrate their deeds over the web.

Montreal is prosperous and has won quite a lot of Cups so it seems inexplicable but it does happen elsewhere.

We do have the same problems in the US. Typically, it involves juvenile delinquents and amateur drinkers. Montreal does have a lot of punks that run too fre with little or no help from the cops. The facebook generation has included some idiots who organize and celebrate their deeds over the web.

Montreal is prosperous and has won quite a lot of Cups so it seems inexplicable but it does happen elsewhere.

After round 1? I think this is a first? I don't think it will ever happen again, well outside of MTL.

:unsure::beer:

Wow this story really hit you hard eh. Must be boring in Illinois.

Yep... I now truly hate the Habs and their dolt fans... Come on people it is friggan ROUND ONE AGINST THE BRUINS! You just won a Cup in 1993 and what 1980 something?... Then before that four or so...

Trashing police cars... Must be a rough life up there? Maybe it is all those francophile rules?

:D:D

Yep... I now truly hate the Habs and their dolt fans... Come on people it is friggan ROUND ONE AGINST THE BRUINS! You just won a Cup in 1993 and what 1980 something?... Then before that four or so...

Trashing police cars... Must be a rough life up there? Maybe it is all those francophile rules?

:D:D

Freedom of expression?

Come on. The way you dissect shiit Earl?