FWIW, Devin Thomas on Rome tomorrow

JR just announced it. At least we'll get achance to see how he handles himself. This is the guy on many supposed in-the-know draft boards for us.

I'll report back tomorrow evening.

4:30 on ESPN for those who were wondering...

JR just announced it. At least we'll get achance to see how he handles himself. This is the guy on many supposed in-the-know draft boards for us.

If he ISN'T there, somebody knows somethin' we don't!!

I just hope he handles it as well as Edwards. And Edwards does very good press conferences. He knows how to handle the media.

Said he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove doubters wrong. Wants to show he is no one year wonder and is willing to do what it takes to make sure he does that. Sounded like a humble guy that was willing to take coaching and would put in the time to study the play book in order to grasp the schemes.

What I want to know is who thinks Devin Thomas will be in the Professional Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio when his career is done? Anybody?

At #11, the Bills are in a position to draft a cornerstone for their franchise, a Hall of Fame caliber player, an individual that will dominate the game from his position for the next decade. Is Devin Thomas that caliber of a player?

Whiffing on top-10 picks keeps a franchise in the dumps because they aren't able to bootstrap themselves talent-wise with the sort of players that lead, dominate, and win. And, while a guy that contributes as one of the other targets for a few years, hopefully, would not be a complete whiff, letting a Hall of Famer pass by to #12 or later wouldn't exactly be getting "the most bang for the buck."

Money. Marketing. Winning. Blue chip talent. They're all variables in the same equation.

i dunno about HOF, but i think thomas is a stud. physical and quick, reminds me of a more polished eric moulds when he was a rook.

if thomas is ok-- good out the gate, he will open up evans and our run game for some serious numbers. if evans gets his ~1400 this season and 10TDs you can bet our entire O is better and it strikes fear into corner backs.

i dunno about HOF, but i think thomas is a stud. physical and quick, reminds me of a more polished eric moulds when he was a rook.

if thomas is ok-- good out the gate, he will open up evans and our run game for some serious numbers. if evans gets his ~1400 this season and 10TDs you can bet our entire O is better and it strikes fear into corner backs.

Thomas will not be as good as Kelly, Sweed or Hardy, yet many are expecting the Bills to take him anyways because of his "measurables". That is a recipe for disaster. This guy only had one good season in college and a lot of that was of the short passing play, run after the catch variety. He's superfast, but where the heck were the down the field break the back TD catches that Kelly, Sweed and Hardy have had and for a lot longer carreers in college???? Thomas has first round bust written all over him as far as I'm concerned.

I'm hoping the Bills get one of the big three Kelly, Sweed or Hardy. These guys are ready made from day one and can make the back breaking TD catches that Thomas never has really shown. With that speed he should be the next Lee Evans, but he looks more like the next Josh Reed only faster. Please Buffalo, do NOT take this guy.