Malcolm Kelly is on the list.....

Hasn't Dwayne Jarrett been in the league ONE year!?

How is that bust worthy!?

Maybe it was the fact that he had 6 receptions for the entire year

for a team that was desperate for a complemetary receiver.

Apparently, Carolina is not holding it's breath expecting him to produce, as they signed both Muhammed and Hackett to play ahead of him.

Thus, he is at best the Panthers 4rth receiver.

Maybe it was the fact that he had 6 receptions for the entire year

for a team that was desperate for a complemetary receiver.

Apparently, Carolina is not holding it's breath expecting him to produce, as they signed both Muhammed and Hackett to play ahead of him.

Thus, he is at best the Panthers 4rth receiver.

Gotcha... that does make sense, but you never know, they say that a player takes 3 years to develop in to his own in the NFL at receiver.

Granted, he was drafted high, and SHOULD have put up numbers last year, but I say give him time...

Gotcha... that does make sense, but you never know, they say that a player takes 3 years to develop in to his own in the NFL at receiver.

Granted, he was drafted high, and SHOULD have put up numbers last year, but I say give him time...

Alot of media outlets in Carolina were questioning his work ethic and one of the teams best players Steve Smith came up to him while he was in an interview and told him he shouldnt be talking to reporters after his performance and watching film instead

I just don't see it - I think this is just people piling on to somebody while they're down without actually really thinking about it too much.

Kelly is way more physical a receiver than those guys and wasn't afraid to go over the middle at all. Better hands, better body control, better route runner. I've never heard his work ethic questioned and the only mark against his character seems to be his one outburst - which was totally out of line, but seemed out of legitimate frustration. His agent, I believe, bears a lot of the responsibility for not shielding Kelly from the ridiculous media baloney of the draft and not having Kelly focus on his strengths rather than the semi-B.S. track events that guys like Mayock, Kiper, and McShay fawn over.

ONE dropped pass in TWO years. I wouldn't count Kelly out just yet folks.....

I think that stat says it all. I don't think the guy's work ethic is really going to be an issue. Frankly, with all the crap that's been piling up, he seems like he's one of those guys who will want to show people that they made a mistake by passing him. He's a first round talent, and if he falls to us in the second round, Buffalo should jump at the chance to get him. That is, if we don't take Devin Thomas at #11.

of Pro Football Weekly's most overrated players in this years draft.

WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma*

Cut from the same cloth as USC's Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett, Kelly's questionable work ethic, intelligence, mental toughness and foot speed spell B-U-S-T.

Who else was on the list.... out of curiosity

I think that stat says it all. I don't think the guy's work ethic is really going to be an issue. Frankly, with all the crap that's been piling up, he seems like he's one of those guys who will want to show people that they made a mistake by passing him. He's a first round talent, and if he falls to us in the second round, Buffalo should jump at the chance to get him. That is, if we don't take Devin Thomas at #11.

Pat Kirwan's Mock Draft 4.0 has us taking Cromartie in the 1st and Malcolm Kelly in the 2nd.

Who else was on the list.... out of curiosity

As Per Nolan Nawrocki Pro Football Weekly:

Overrated players

DT Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina

Has great strength, but hand use and ability to shed blocks is marginal. Questionable mental toughness at a position that requires a lot of it.

WR Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt*

Stood out vs. lesser Southeastern Conference competition but was easily contained vs. better competition and shows little burst or gear change in his routes to transition cleanly to the pro game.

QB Brian Brohm, Louisville

Has been oversold and overhyped his entire life and while he could still be a functional pro, he could struggle to live up to a first-round billing, should a team draft him that high.

CB Antoine Cason, Arizona

Instincts and ball skills are very good, but toughness and top-end speed seldom show up on tape.

TE Fred Davis, USC

Career underachiever with the physical tools to be a great blocker, but lack of toughness and focus could prevent him from ever reaching his potential.

QB Joe Flacco, Delaware

Inability to handle pressure, slow feet and questionable mental processing speed could restrict him at the pro level regardless of how strong his arm is.

OLB Ali Highsmith, LSU

Undersized ’backers short on explosiveness struggle to make an impact in the pros.

WR DeSean Jackson, California*

Has some elite physical tools, but poor size and lack of focus could keep him from consistently producing in the pros.

DE Lawrence Jackson, USC

Solid run defender who has all the answers, lacks mental toughness and makes too many excuses.

RB Chris Johnson, East Carolina

Teams who get blinded by his speed could overlook his inability to stay healthy running between the tackles. Value will come as a space player, not as an every-down back, which he will likely be overdrafted to be.

Cut from the same cloth as USC's Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett, Kelly's questionable work ethic, intelligence, mental toughness and foot speed spell B-U-S-T.

RB Kevin Smith, Central Florida*

Will be challenged in the NFL when he is asked to run between the tackles. Lack of run strength could be restricting.

CB Aqib Talib, Kansas*

Lack of functional playing speed and tendency to gamble and give up big plays could leave him with DeAngelo Hall-esque reputation as an overhyped corner who gets beat as much as he makes big plays

honestly, a lot of guys on that list are guys that it's fashionable to say are overrated. no real risks taken. focus seems to be on guys that are bottom first to 3rd rounders anyway. That's not really being overrated when people aren't rating you that high to begin with.

how is Fred Davis a career underachiever? He set USC records for production at the TE position. This list, imo, isn't much above garbage.

but didnt someone mention that Jauron didnt seem to interested in DRC as he said his film was bad and he wasnt that good a player..........and that cornerback draftboard that leaked out and had him ranked 7th was an AFC East team and i wouldnt be surprised if it was our draftboard....IMHO.

As Per Nolan Nawrocki Pro Football Weekly:

Overrated players

DT Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina

Has great strength, but hand use and ability to shed blocks is marginal. Questionable mental toughness at a position that requires a lot of it.

WR Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt*

Stood out vs. lesser Southeastern Conference competition but was easily contained vs. better competition and shows little burst or gear change in his routes to transition cleanly to the pro game.

QB Brian Brohm, Louisville

Has been oversold and overhyped his entire life and while he could still be a functional pro, he could struggle to live up to a first-round billing, should a team draft him that high.

CB Antoine Cason, Arizona

Instincts and ball skills are very good, but toughness and top-end speed seldom show up on tape.

TE Fred Davis, USC

Career underachiever with the physical tools to be a great blocker, but lack of toughness and focus could prevent him from ever reaching his potential.

QB Joe Flacco, Delaware

Inability to handle pressure, slow feet and questionable mental processing speed could restrict him at the pro level regardless of how strong his arm is.

OLB Ali Highsmith, LSU

Undersized ’backers short on explosiveness struggle to make an impact in the pros.

WR DeSean Jackson, California*

Has some elite physical tools, but poor size and lack of focus could keep him from consistently producing in the pros.

DE Lawrence Jackson, USC

Solid run defender who has all the answers, lacks mental toughness and makes too many excuses.

RB Chris Johnson, East Carolina

Teams who get blinded by his speed could overlook his inability to stay healthy running between the tackles. Value will come as a space player, not as an every-down back, which he will likely be overdrafted to be.

RB Kevin Smith, Central Florida*

Will be challenged in the NFL when he is asked to run between the tackles. Lack of run strength could be restricting.

CB Aqib Talib, Kansas*

Lack of functional playing speed and tendency to gamble and give up big plays could leave him with DeAngelo Hall-esque reputation as an overhyped corner who gets beat as much as he makes big plays

Thanks.... Astro how would you rate this lsit.... did they get some right here?

Thanks.... Astro how would you rate this lsit.... did they get some right here?

Are you serious? :thumbsup:

Pro Football Weekly is top notch, and has been from the"legendary" Joel Buschbaum to the present day Nolan Nawrocki.

The only other guide that is in it's league is Ourlads.

There is a difference between aggegating everyone else's opinion and actually having the skills to come to an analysis from watching games, breaking down tape, and taking into consideration the opinion of league insiders that have been cultivated for decades.

I just don't see it - I think this is just people piling on to somebody while they're down without actually really thinking about it too much.

Kelly is way more physical a receiver than those guys and wasn't afraid to go over the middle at all. Better hands, better body control, better route runner. I've never heard his work ethic questioned and the only mark against his character seems to be his one outburst - which was totally out of line, but seemed out of legitimate frustration. His agent, I believe, bears a lot of the responsibility for not shielding Kelly from the ridiculous media baloney of the draft and not having Kelly focus on his strengths rather than the semi-B.S. track events that guys like Mayock, Kiper, and McShay fawn over.

I would disagree with you about Mayock. He was a DB in the NFL unlike the other two & knows the game & how to evaluate players. He also does a great job explaining why a player is good or sucks. I am so happy I have NFL Network so I can watch him & his cohorts on draft day instead of ESPN.

Are you serious? :thumbsup:

Pro Football Weekly is top notch, and has been from the"legendary" Joel Buschbaum to the present day Nolan Nawrocki.

The only other guide that is in it's league is Ourlads.

I can't let them slide for calling Fred Davis is an underachiever. It's just flat wrong and flies in the face of the stats.

- 117 career catches (12th on USC's career receptions list), 1,408 career receiving yards and 13 career touchdown receptions - tops ever for USC tight ends. He has 3 100-yard receiving games in his career (all in 2007). He has caught a pass in 17 consecutive games (including all 13 in 2007).

If anything he's an overachiever considering he's not a freakish athlete and only 6'3.

but didnt someone mention that Jauron didnt seem to interested in DRC as he said his film was bad and he wasnt that good a player..........and that cornerback draftboard that leaked out and had him ranked 7th was an AFC East team and i wouldnt be surprised if it was our draftboard....IMHO.

There have been too many leaks saying the Bills like DRC for that to be true. Wouldn't shock me if he was their guy.