If we pick up a UDFA QB, we should consider this guy

Draft sleeper watch

Ricky Santos stats

Joe Flacco stats

People are all gaga over QB Joe Flacco from Delaware, but Ricky Santos, a 4-year starter at U of NH (same conference as Delaware) blows Flacco out of the water in nearly every catagory. I would not mind seeing this kid at Bills camp.

PTR

Draft sleeper watch

Ricky Santos stats

Joe Flacco stats

People are all gaga over QB Joe Flacco from Delaware, but Ricky Santos, a 4-year starter at U of NH (same conference as Delaware) blows Flacco out of the water in nearly every catagory. I would not mind seeing this kid at Bills camp.

PTR

What? Flacco is much bigger, a more prototype quarterback...and his stats are much better than Santos. Flacco had more yards, only 1 less TD, fewer ints, and he was sacked less than Santos. Flacco has also improved his performance throughout the last couple years, whereas Santos has declined.

I would rather have Flacco over Santos if I was to choose...but Santos would be a decent training camp body/practice squad player.

With small school players, I think the numbers are often overinflated from lack of competition. I feel a lot more comfortable with a lineman or dback. It seems too be to easy to dominate lesser competition with pure physical ability. Just my 2 cents.

What? Flacco is much bigger, a more prototype quarterback...and his stats are much better than Santos. Flacco had more yards, only 1 less TD, fewer ints, and he was sacked less than Santos. Flacco has also improved his performance throughout the last couple years, whereas Santos has declined.

I would rather have Flacco over Santos if I was to choose...but Santos would be a decent training camp body/practice squad player.

I just looked again and Santos beats Flacco in every statistical catagory, except yards passing, and ONLY in his final year. Santos has performed at a high level for 4 years , while Flacco had one hot season. As for Santos' decline (if you want to call it that) he lost his #1 target, David Ball last year, who broke Jerry Rice's career TD record. Flacco is a little bigger but Santos ain't Flutie-sized. And as far as level of competition, Delaware and UNH are in the same conference, so they play the same teams. In my book, when a guy has 4 solid years in college, he's got game.

PTR