Draft Clock

The NFL has the only draft in professional sports that gets this kind of coverage. It is an event that the harcore fans love and look forward to. I have no idea why they would shorten the whole proceedure because they get the spotlight. It is aired only on sports chanels so its not like it is cutting into Sixty Minutes. To me it just feels like they are trying tp fix something that is not broke.

Well said...

so none of you guys remember how long and painful that first round was last year?

I personally enjoyed it. I have my brother over, we barbeque, drink, flip between ESPN and NFL network. My wife takes the kids for the day and it is probably the only day all year I have no responsibilities, and probably the only day all year I get drunk. I work as a Corrections Officer, come home to my beautiful pregnant wife, her 93 year old grandfather, my two stepsons 19 and 15 respectively(actually only one because the oldest lives with his dad and comes over on weekends), my wifes four year old cousin that we are adopting, and my two kids 5 and 1 respectively. I would not trade one thing about my life as I feel very lucky, but my wife always gives me the last Saturday of April kid free with nothing(except a little yardwork to do). To sum up I feel as it should be 20 minutes a pick to longe the draft not shorten it.