DraftTek Is Holding a Mock Draft

Astrobot

All of the WR's we want will be there at #17.

I'm planning on taking 2 very good DT's in later rounds:

At Pick #132--Andre Fluellen DT FSU - great burst, a space eater, gets pressure up the middle, 1 or 3-gap

Derek Lokey as a UDFA.

you've been playing with this model too long

Your position to pass on an elite impact player at a huge problem area for the Bills to get VERY GOOD DTs in the 5th round draft and from an undrafted guy is absolutely laughable.

Why not just take the impact player when he drops in your lap?

Here's the secret link:

http://www.drafttek.com/2008Corr1.html Click on the Target icon if you don't see the picks.

Picks already made have a light blue background.

I have made a tentative deal to trade down to the Vikes' #17 for their third rounder. :thumbsup:

Thanks, how long dose it take to update the picks. I will keep checking back to see how you do.

Take the trade or this board will run you out of town on a rail! Trading Down is a religion to these people. Gibran Hamdan contacted me on our tin can and a string phone and he agrees that you must trade down. Also, he demands that you DVR Dancing with the Stars, not sure what that is about though. Probably something between you and him.

How can we "reach" 17 spots with the next to last pick in the draft? I love the latest incarnation, we get Harvey, fred smith, nelson, schmitt and Hubbard? That would be a great draft

It was a reach for Jameel McClain, ILB, Syracuse. He was listed as Player #267, and we foolishly took him at #252.

A reach of 16 with the next-to-last pick means that draftTek's Big Board (http://www.drafttek.com/2008players.html)

had 16 players ranked higher than our last pick. Actually, I looked, and the players I like better than McClain for our last pick include:

Geoff Schwartz - Ore OT

Nate Lyles Virginia SS

Matterral Richardson Arkansas CB

Lamar Myles L'ville 495bench, 128 tkl OLB

Henry Smith A&M DT

Kerry Brown OG

All Right,

The trade in our Correspondents' Mock Draft went down, with KC and Cincy switching #5 and #9 picks.

Kansas City was at #5. Jake Long was gone, and the next player(s) they were interested in can both (or at least one) can be had at around #10 (Otah and Albert).

Cinci offered a 3rd rounder, KC took Branden Albert at 9 instead of 5, and New Orleans is on the clock with eyes on a CB or WR. Bet they take a CB--DR-C.

Then we Bills are on the clock.

New News has it that Chicago wants to move up, in addition to Minnesota, for our #11. Stay tuned.

Astro

All Right,

The trade in our Correspondents' Mock Draft went down, with KC and Cincy switching #5 and #9 picks.

Kansas City was at #5. Jake Long was gone, and the next player(s) they were interested in can both (or at least one) can be had at around #10 (Otah and Albert).

Cinci offered a 3rd rounder, KC took Branden Albert at 9 instead of 5, and New Orleans is on the clock with eyes on a CB or WR. Bet they take a CB--DR-C.

Then we Bills are on the clock.

New News has it that Chicago wants to move up, in addition to Minnesota, for our #11. Stay tuned.

Astro

?????

Color me confused.

Who did KC and CIN take?

Owner Brown is not happy in being in the top ten; I don't think they would move up.

Whoever is picking for CIN has no idea...

?????

Color me confused.

Who did KC and CIN take?

Owner Brown is not happy in being in the top ten; I don't think they would move up.

Whoever is picking for CIN has no idea...

The Bengals evidently were hoping for Darren McFadden to fall to them at #9!!! When that did not materialize, they traded #9 to KC for Ellis and a 3rd rounder #77.

Keeping you up to date here on DraftTek's Correspondent's Draft .

I have swapped our #11 pick with the Vikings; they're at #17. In return, we now have their #73. We now have back to back picks in the most important (IMO) Round of the draft--RD3.

Round 1: #17 via Vikes

Round 2: #42

Round 3: #72

Round 3: #73 via Vikes

Round 4: #111

Round 4 #132 comp

Round 5: #138

Round 6: #170

Round 7: #202

Round 7: #210 comp

Round 7: #251 comp

I am going to look at WR, then CB/TE and TE/CB with the first three picks. The debate between Sweed and Devin Thomas continues, but at this point in RD#1 I am leaning toward Sweed's experience and "faster rate of return", even though Thomas's upside, character, and kick returning ability are selling points. The fear of Texas burning us twice enters into the decision, too! Of course, if one of these two isn't there at #17, I won't have a hard decision. I'll check in before I walk to the www.DraftTek.com podium.

DraftTek's Correspondent's Draft is shown highlighted in blue here: http://www.drafttek.com/2008Corr1.html

My Plan (Comments on any choices welcome):

#17---Limas Sweed WR- Texas 215 4.52 or Devin Thomas WR- MichSt, #1, KR 4.4

#42---Martellus Bennett TE - Tx A&M 259 above avg blk 12ypc or Reggie Smith CB- Okla 4.4, safety exper, KR,PR

#72---Brad Cottam - TE Tenn inj good blk 16 ypc; or Antwaun Molden CB - E Ky 4.3 or Charles Godfrey - CB -Iowa

#73---Mike McGlynn RG - Pgh 6'4 311 bench+ or Red Bryant DT

#111--Jamar Adams - SS - Mich 4.5 char +

#132--Ezra Butler-OLB Nevada quick for size, nasty or Andre Fluellen DT FSU burst, space eater, pressure

#138--Owen Schmitt FB- WVU 247, 5.9ypc, a cult figure in WVA or Brian Johnston DE Gard-Wb fast 280 4.6 gem

#170--Craig Stevens TE CAL blk++,best block/rec or Gary Guyton OLB GT 36" vert, 4.47, ~best #'s