Personal appeal (update #2)

BuffaloBud

Hey, Bud ... A prayer from me to the Man for you. And I wanna add something ... to anyone who hasn't yet, QUIT SMOKING! I did a pack-a-day for 30 years, and I quit a year ago. It's now been one year and three weeks, and I am never going back. If you smoke and you're reading this, do it for the people you love. And for the people who love YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

8 May - Just received the news from the DR that the oncology report on the area of skin and lymph nodes removed is all negative. :lol: No signs of Mr. Ugly. :lol:

Staples (17 of them) come out in 3 weeks. Just call me Zippy. Thanks to all for the good thoughts. :lol:

8 May - Just received the news from the DR that the oncology report on the area of skin and lymph nodes removed is all negative. :D No signs of Mr. Ugly. :lol:

Staples (17 of them) come out in 3 weeks. Just call me Zippy. Thanks to all for the good thoughts. :lol:

Thats great news, Bud!! :lol:

8 May - Just received the news from the DR that the oncology report on the area of skin and lymph nodes removed is all negative. :lol: No signs of Mr. Ugly. :devil: Staples (17 of them) come out in 3 weeks. Just call me Zippy. Thanks to all for the good thoughts. :blink:

Guys and gals, we've all kidded around about going to the doctor for the annual physical (or some that do not go). I'm writing this to all of you to make sure that you and your loved ones go and get a once over. It is important. I can say this because of what I found out yesterday. I have melanoma. 63,000 people are found with this each year, 8,000 die from it each year.

Here's my story. After some (understatement) prodding from my wife, I got an annual physical last Nov. The doctor did a once over for unusual moles and noticed one that he said that I should see a dermatologist about. After some prodding again from wifey, I did just that. The mole in question turned out to be melanoma of which the oncologist confirmed yesterday. The site is classified as a Stage 2A tumor (over 1mm deep, mine measured 1.1mm). This "mole" had been with me for as long as I can remember. This area has to be excised (2cm on each side), plus I have to have a sentinel lymph node biopsy. The lymph node biopsy is to check to see if there is any cancer cells in the lymph node site where this specific "mole" would spread from. Surgery is for the end of the month. I am very positive about this and have no underlying fears or nerves.

Why am I writing this? Because I have one request to each of you. I want each and everyone of you to get a physical this year, whether you like it or not. And make sure that your immediate family gets one as well. Also, take care of yourself. I feel that because I get 1HR of physical activity each day, eat pretty well, don't smoke, basically live a balanced life I should do just fine.

In the end, I want all of us someday to see a Buffalo Bill on the top of a podium holding a Super Bowl trophy. So make the appointment.

Absolutely take care of yourself. Good luck to you dude. Please help me help kids that fight this every day.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer

AJs Dad

www.carepages.com

AJsspace