5 players who will be drafted too high

Phillip Merling, DE In my opinion the Giants awesome trio of DE has everyone thinking DE in this years draft class. Merling is a classic LE but not a top 15-20 talent. I feel the same way about Derrick Harvey not being a top 11 talent.

Felix Jones, RB Was second fiddle to a maybe another overated prospect McFadden. I'm not sure about his durability and ability to break tackles.

Joe Flacco, QB Big arm, but couldn't get in the lineup for pitt. Just like every year, a big strong armed qb that doesn't have the mental capasity for the NFL is drafted way too high.

Justin King, CB I'm a Penn State fan and I can't stand to watch him play. He gets abused by everyone. Amazing athlete, that just doesn't play up to his potential.

Martellus Bennett, TE His upside as a blocker is very good, but he seems to lumber in routes, into his breaks, and after the catch. I'm not sure if he shows the speed or agility to put up a high reception total. He is pretty good but I think he will be the 4th TE selected, not the 1st.

Martellus Bennett, TE His upside as a blocker is very good, but he seems to lumber in routes, into his breaks, and after the catch. I'm not sure if he shows the speed or agility to put up a high reception total. He is pretty good but I think he will be the 4th TE selected, not the 1st.

Sounds like Pete Metzalars.

Vernan Gholston OLB/DE- I've read a number of scouts saying that his combination of freakish athletic ability, yet overall lack of production on a consistent basis is really troubling....I don't think he'll be a complete bust, but I think he'll have one year with 10 sacks, 3 the next, 12 two years from then, with a bunch of 4-7 sack seasons in between. Think Jevon Kearse, with even a little less production. INCONSISTENT.

Kenny Phillips S/CB- I'm not a Miami fan, but for one reason or another I have tuned in to a decent amount of games over the past couple of years, and not once did he seem like a difference maker to me in the secondary. Decent against the run, poor decision maker, average ball skills. Nowhere near an Ed Reed or the late Taylor as far as safeties from "The U" go.

Matt Ryan QB- I put him in this category only because it is basically set in stone that he will go no lower than #8 overall to the Ravens, and quite possibly the first overall pick to the phins. IMO, if there weren't a handful of teams DESPERATE for a quarterback in this year's draft, he would go no earlier than late in the 1st round based on his skill set. From what I've seen his arm is maybe just above average for an NFL quaterback, his decision making has a long way to go (see his INT totals) and he is def 2-3 years away from developing into a quality NFL starter. That being said, I like his competitve mideset, ability to throw on the run, and physical potential, so he is still a first rounder in my eyes, but probably not a high first rounder in a normal year.

Chris Williams OT- This Offensive Tackle from Vandy undoubtedly has a ton of upside, but character and work ethic unknowns beg to question whether he is really worth a high-mid 1st round draft pick IMO. The Broncos might take a chance on him right after us at #12, and I think this would be a reach. We all know due to another OT named Williams that we drafted 4th overall that players are VERY hit or miss at this position, particularly when worth ethic and mindset come into question.

Calais Campbell DE- Another guy from that lovely collegiate institute in Southern Florida that reallllly underproduced in his last year in college. Maybe it's the constant character problems, underachieving and arrests that so many players from Miami seem to represent that scares me off, but if a team like Washington at #21 or basically anyone else in the 1st round takes a chance on this guy, I don't think theyre going to be happy with the results.

Quickly, a few guys who I think will prove to be drafted TOO LATE this year:

Rashard Mendenhall RB, Illinois

Jerod Mayo OLB, Tennessee

Dustin Keller TE, Purdue

Jamaal Charles RB, Texas

Andre Caldwell WR, Florida

Tashard Choice RB, GA Tech

Terrell Thomas CB, USC

Tony Mandarich

Ryan Leaf

Robert Gallery

Brian Bosworth

Erik Flowers

Oh! You meant THIS draft? I got nothing

I have a good story about Erik Flowers. It was when fans could go to the players parking lot for autographs. My wife had a football trying to get it signed for me....she has nice knockers so I thought id have a better shot if she asks for the auto.....She got a few nice players auto's, Erik Flowers says mam did you want an autograph, wife says um who are you, you dont look familiar do you play for the Bills.......ive never seen a grown man look so sad........then the wife seen Tasker and took off running for him.......