PFW's top five receivers

I picked up their draft book the other day.

(it's my favorite)

Their analysis would point to the Bills only being interested in Sweed and Thomas.

Minninham, Kelly and Hardy have a variety of negatives that don't seem to fit what the organization has been looking for as of late.

The more I read, the more it looks to me like Devin Thomas is our guy.

I'd be pretty happy with that pick, with a trade down or with a trade up to get back into the late first.

At #11 though? I think we'd be better off taking the best possible player available at that pick. This

team has a lot of positions that could be upgraded whether it's at DL, LB, CB, DE, C, etc...

I'm hoping we can grab a good physical corner in rounds 2-5 to help with all the short passes we gave up last year.

Brandon Flowers looks pretty damn good IMO.

I was never that hgih on Limas Sweed (not that I had actually read that much about him either), but from the report on him from that site he definitely sounds like a "Bills guy". I can't see the Bills drafting a guy who has "immature", "moody", or "could take some time to absorb an NFL playbook". I like the sound of Sweed just because his skill set seems to be more complimentary to Evans as opposed to over-lapping. Not say that every WR should specialize in a specific area of the position, but I would liek to see the Bills get a guy who goes up to get balls, can beat press coverage at the line, will block in the run game, and has good hands. Of course I'd like him to be able to run after the catch and be fast as hell, but guys who cover all those areas usually go a lot higher than we pick in this draft.

I like Thomas too, but I didn't like the comment about how he might need a year to learn a playbook. I don't think the Bills have the option of waiting a year on a new WR.

I like Thomas too, but I didn't like the comment about how he might need a year to learn a playbook. I don't think the Bills have the option of waiting a year on a new WR.

Some get caught up into a prospect speed and size; it doesn't mean as much as the ability to get seperation, getting open, making yards after the catch, and actual playing speed! I think D Thomas he will be the best pick as he seems to be a playmaker and that is what the Bills lack. The only true playmaker we have who once they get the ball in their hands and could make moves in the open field and take it to the house is Roscoe but he is too small to be used consistently on the outside and underutilized in the slot. Since Trent speciality is short passes and dinking and dunking, I wouldn't mind having a game breaker who can take these short passes and get RAC yards; ala Andre or J Rice. It would be definitely better than watching us dump the ball off to unathletic TEs!

I'd be pretty happy with that pick, with a trade down or with a trade up to get back into the late first.

At #11 though? I think we'd be better off taking the best possible player available at that pick. This

team has a lot of positions that could be upgraded whether it's at DL, LB, CB, DE, C, etc...

I'm hoping we can grab a good physical corner in rounds 2-5 to help with all the short passes we gave up last year.

Brandon Flowers looks pretty damn good IMO.

I think that WR is clearly the biggest need for the Bills right now. Since they didn't address this need in FA, I think they must draft the best available WR with the first round pick. USA Today Sports Weekly has Devin Thomas ranked the #1 overall WR and I agree with their assessment. I think this guy has great potential and would vastly improve our offense.

The only drawback with drafting him at 11 would be that his salary would be slotted accordingly and that could be costly in terms of extending Lee Evans. The same issue of USA today SW has D Thomas listed as the 20th OVERALL prospect in the draft. Should we try to move down and risk him not being there? At this point I say no. Take DT at 11. I think that he is clearly the best available and I don't like the knocks on the rest of the projected 1st round WR's. GO BILLS!!!!