Bad news who want permanent throwbacks

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/46117

NFL rejects Rams throwbacks

Posted: Monday April 07, 2008 06:47AM ET

Plans to have the Rams wear "throwback" uniforms in their 2008 regular-season opener were scuttled when the NFL turned down the club's request. Multiple sources told the Post-Dispatch that the Rams wanted to wear their 1999 uniforms -- the season the team defeated Tennessee in the Super Bowl. New owner Chip Rosenbloom confirmed that those were the plans last week at the NFL owners meetings in Florida.

Odds are they would not look any more favorable to Bills wearing throwbacks permanently.

Plans to have the Rams wear "throwback" uniforms in their 2008 regular-season opener were scuttled when the NFL turned down the club's request. Multiple sources told the Post-Dispatch that the Rams wanted to wear their 1999 uniforms -- the season the team defeated Tennessee in the Super Bowl. New owner Chip Rosenbloom confirmed that those were the plans last week at the NFL owners meetings in Florida.

Odds are they would not look any more favorable to Bills wearing throwbacks permanently.

The Rams' "throwbacks" are actually uglier than their current unis. I would turn that proposal down too.

The only reason they were rejected is because teams must give a one year notice to the NFL on all jersey changes. They didn't get in their proposal on time. Doesn't mean anything for Buffalo.

The only reason they were rejected is because teams must give a one year notice to the NFL on all jersey changes. They didn't get in their proposal on time. Doesn't mean anything for Buffalo.

Agreed..............

But, 'Rob Johnson for life'???? :unsure:

From the St.Louis P-D...

For a variety of reasons, the league requires more than a year of lead time before a team can wear throwbacks. So believe it or not, the Rams' request was made too late under NFL guidelines.

Although disappointed, Rosenbloom said he is not upset with the NFL.

"The league has been really good about a number of things with us," he said. "I think that it was really asking a lot. But we have some other plans for the future."

Rosenbloom still wants the Rams to wear their throwbacks at some point in the future. But he'd like some feedback from Rams fans.

"It'll be interesting to know from the St. Louis fans what uniforms they like best," Rosenbloom said.

Looks like they were looking for a special dispensation and got shot down for whatever reasons. The one-year notification is probably not w/o reason... such as the league has to have that info with that forewarning for print materials, website layouts etc. that would incur cost to change. I'm a little disappointed; I thought the Rams re-do to gold was a :cry: over the French's mustard yellow. But the individual teams can do what they want re: uniforms as long as they follow the time rules.

Well on Mr. Rosenbloom for involving the fans rather than an ad-hoc of fruity designers who put in (and whose ad copy bent over backwards to try to justify) 24 colors and a control freak Pres/GM to approve them. The Sabres did much the same. The best thing TD did in his tenure here was to introduce the throwbacks. Simple. Traditional. For the life of me, I don't get why Russ Brandon hasn't made a switch, as this was under his purview as marketing director (Marv said he fielded the most questions about the unis and his answer was always 'I just work on football here.') and now he can just very simply tell someone to get it done. It's not that hard; the team owns all the copyrights/trademarks already.

But, 'Rob Johnson for life'???? :lol:

Life imprisonment, perhaps? :w00t: