Short Circuit Remake on the way.

K-Gun10

He was also in (I think it was called) The Day After. An 80s made for TV movie about the aftermath of nuclear war. I caught it on Sci-Fi a couple weeks ago. I'd rate it slightly above You Got Served

I don't know how old you are, but "The Day After" was pretty huge for a while in the 80s.

I think it's still the highest-rated made for TV movie ever. And yes, Guttenberg had a role in it.

I don't know how old you are, but "The Day After" was pretty huge for a while in the 80s.

I'm old enough to remember seeing it when it first aired. Freaked people out, since the cold war was still going strong.

I'm old enough to remember seeing it when it first aired. Freaked people out, since the cold war was still going strong.

I remember it pretty well...I was around 12 or so and it freaked me out big time.

I think it's still the highest-rated made for TV movie ever. And yes, Guttenberg had a role in it.

It does not get much play but if you want a bone chillin, scare the crap out of you flick watch the remake of "On The Beach". The original was good but the remake was very well done. A little bit of soap opera crap (women need movies too) but the premise is terrifying. Never in my adult (semi) life have I seen a more scary movie. The original was scary but this one is flat devastating. No ghosts, gremlins, murders or other such nonsense. Just some zhit that will REALLY scare you.

And the Sci-Fi channel cuts it nowadays, for sensitive viewers. You don't get nearly the same impact from their cut as we did when it first aired.

It does not get much play but if you want a bone chillin, scare the crap out of you flick watch the remake of "On The Beach". The original was good but the remake was very well done. A little bit of soap opera crap (women need movies too) but the premise is terrifying. Never in my adult (semi) life have I seen a more scary movie. The original was scary but this one is flat devastating. No ghosts, gremlins, murders or other such nonsense. Just some zhit that will REALLY scare you.

I haven't seen the remake, but I remember how depressing the original was.

Actually, if you've ever seen "Threads" (a BBC docudrama on the aftermath of a nuclear war and how it affects England), THAT is terrifying. It makes "The Day After" look like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Someone has cut up "Threads" and posted it on YouTube...it's still the scariest prgram I've ever seen on television. I saw it on late night television here in Cleveland, probably about 1988 or 1989. I couldn't finish watching it, and didn't until only a few months ago.