Today's "Chad Chat" in the Cincy Enquirer

Here's some more Chad Chat...this one is about him being sued for allegedly promising to give away a car at a raffle, and reneging on that and other things... :P

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...S0103/803260385

Not if he misremembers the last name of his deceased "friend" Chris. :blink:

From here on out, I don't trust anyone who misremembers stuff like that. :blink:

Here's some more Chad Chat...this one is about him being sued for allegedly promising to give away a car at a raffle, and reneging on that and other things... :P

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...S0103/803260385

Yeah I do. I am sick of fans expecting better behavior out of the players than they themselves exhibit. Especially their behavior at the games! All because players get "a lot of money". Guys like ocho get a lot of money because they play football at a world class level. If we want a team that performs at world class level, then we simply have to have players that play like it. We'll get our humanitarians elsewhere.

And these charges, they are knucklehead things that you read about in a football book and laugh at the crazy antics. Sandwiched in between stories about Super Bowl visits.

To the best of my knowledge, Jim Kelly has never paid the iceman. But I don't call for Jim's execution either.

Many football players are indeed great quality human beings. Some ain't. Just like the rest of the world that I have come to know. If you were an owner of a company would you fire your lead programmer, or top salesguy for this behavior? Naw, you would be working with HR to figure out a way to keep him functioning.

That is if you were one of the few companies that even cared.

Chad does have some downsides. This ain't one of them.

Yeah I do. I am sick of fans expecting better behavior out of the players than they themselves exhibit. Especially their behavior at the games! All because players get "a lot of money". Guys like ocho get a lot of money because they play football at a world class level. If we want a team that performs at world class level, then we simply have to have players that play like it. We'll get our humanitarians elsewhere.

And these charges, they are knucklehead things that you read about in a football book and laugh at the crazy antics. Sandwiched in between stories about Super Bowl visits.

To the best of my knowledge, Jim Kelly has never paid the iceman. But I don't call for Jim's execution either.

Many football players are indeed great quality human beings. Some ain't. Just like the rest of the world that I have come to know. If you were an owner of a company would you fire your lead programmer, or top salesguy for this behavior? Naw, you would be working with HR to figure out a way to keep him functioning.

Actually, I probably would fire someone for their attitude, but that's just me and I'm not ripping on you. The problem I have is only good players get away with being jerks. You get someone like what the heck was his name, receiver for the Eagles who stunk and talked ALL that smack and he just gets cut and never finds a job again, same for Cedrick Wilson (notice how it's mainly WRs who are prima donnas?). So I have no problem with people trashing jerk players, it's not like they care what we say about them and they still get paid.

Its not that we are looking for players who are "choir Boys" or Saints off the field, the type of players some of us, and the Bills FO wants are players that give it their all on the field, and are team players, they aren't me first guys like Chad and Owens. Those players are highly talented, and are great when the team is consistently winning but once they start losing, they are worse then a team cancer, they are more like full blown team Aids. Moss wanted to go play for the Raiders, and was happy at first, once they became the league doormat, he stopped caring and stopped playing wanting out. Owens forced his way out of SF, and then went to his choice, teh Eagles to play with his buddy McNabb, whom he threw under the bus when the team stopped winning. Just wait til Dallas starts to decline. Chad Johnson is a poster boy for a me first player, caring more about what his next routine will be when he scores a TD, and what he will tell the media afterwards. He doesn't care if his antics will cost the team a penalty, as long as he ends up on the highlight reel that night.

The thing about players with offseason issues is that they may be good, but how much will they help if their off field antics cause them to end up in rehab, suspended, or in jail? How is that going to help the team?

Its not that we are looking for players who are "choir Boys" or Saints off the field, the type of players some of us, and the Bills FO wants are players that give it their all on the field, and are team players, they aren't me first guys like Chad and Owens. Those players are highly talented, and are great when the team is consistently winning but once they start losing, they are worse then a team cancer, they are more like full blown team Aids. Moss wanted to go play for the Raiders, and was happy at first, once they became the league doormat, he stopped caring and stopped playing wanting out. Owens forced his way out of SF, and then went to his choice, teh Eagles to play with his buddy McNabb, whom he threw under the bus when the team stopped winning. Just wait til Dallas starts to decline. Chad Johnson is a poster boy for a me first player, caring more about what his next routine will be when he scores a TD, and what he will tell the media afterwards. He doesn't care if his antics will cost the team a penalty, as long as he ends up on the highlight reel that night.

The thing about players with offseason issues is that they may be good, but how much will they help if their off field antics cause them to end up in rehab, suspended, or in jail? How is that going to help the team?

Ocho Cinco me first, I can't believe you wpould say that about 85. All jokes aside maybe a little arogance is what we need on offense. One positive though is he more a attention seeker than a trouble maker.