The Bills could use our 2009 1st rder in a package to get into

You're aiming too high to expect a 1st rd pick for a receiver that's being franchised. I realize that 5 years ago it worked with PP. However, I think the GM's in the league have become more savvy when encountering this type of situation. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him. IMO

I think that if this were to be a possible option for the FO then it would served us much better to fortify the team to insure that Edwards, or whoever the QB is, to have great protection and success throughout the WHOLE season and then highlight Lee Evans and boost his stock.

This mentality of "shedding players from the donahoe era" is complete BS.... you don't get rid of players just because of when they were drafted.

I don't get it, either. It isn't as if the players TD drafted have some sort of contagious disease. I'm sure there are GMs with massive egos who might think that way...I just don't see the Bills as being that petty or stupid. I think any post is better when it doesn't bring up stuff like that likely plays no part, whatsoever, in the decision.

I don't get it, either. It isn't as if the players TD drafted have some sort of contagious disease. I'm sure there are GMs with massive egos who might think that way...I just don't see the Bills as being that petty or stupid. I think any post is better when it doesn't bring up stuff like that likely plays no part, whatsoever, in the decision.

It has nothing to do with being petty or stupid. Let me remind some people about Ruben Brown and Eric Moulds, two pretty good examples. They were shown the door for similiar reasons and some very different reasons. Brown just rebuked what the current administration was laying down, thus we had a player that wasn't buying into what was currently happening. Moulds on the other hand was in direct defiance of supporting the annointed QB. Does that sound a little familiar? They keep on saying that they want to re-sign Evans for quite some time now. What's holding this up? Nate Clements was another player who wasn't retained for a whole other reason. Money. This administration has let some players go that they even picked, whether it was in the draft or FA signings. There are plenty of reasons for not retaining players but shedding players from another administration is definitely one of them, it's just a matter of what causes it. I never stated that it was about stupidness, ego, pettiness or any other superficial reason. It's shallow for anyone to assume that I was insinuating that any of these were the cause.

It has nothing to do with being petty or stupid. Let me remind some people about Ruben Brown and Eric Moulds, two pretty good examples. They were shown the door for similiar reasons and some very different reasons. Brown just rebuked what the current administration was laying down, thus we had a player that wasn't buying into what was currently happening. Moulds on the other hand was in direct defiance of supporting the annointed QB. Does that sound a little familiar? They keep on saying that they want to re-sign Evans for quite some time now. What's holding this up? Nate Clements was another player who wasn't retained for a whole other reason. Money. This administration has let some players go that they even picked, whether it was in the draft or FA signings. There are plenty of reasons for not retaining players but shedding players from another administration is definitely one of them, it's just a matter of what causes it. I never stated that it was about stupidness, ego, pettiness or any other superficial reason. It's shallow for anyone to assume that I was insinuating that any of these were the cause.

Moulds and Brown were aging players, past their prime with big contracts. Their departure had little...no, nothing to do with who drafted them. That's the point I was making. Lee may go, but it won't be because he was drafted by TD. Who cares who drafted him? Players from former administrations will be let go, but not BECAUSE they are from former administrations...at least not with the current administration at One Bills Drive.

Moulds and Brown were aging players, past their prime with big contracts. Their departure had little...no, nothing to do with who drafted them. That's the point I was making. Lee may go, but it won't be because he was drafted by TD. Who cares who drafted him? Players from former administrations will be let go, but not BECAUSE they are from former administrations...at least not with the current administration at One Bills Drive.

Look, I'm home on lunch and I can't elaborate more on the points I offered so I'm hoping that you address EVERYTHING that I stated and realize that players from other administrations don't automaticly get released because of that but more so because of the of the circumstances.

Look, I'm home on lunch and I can't elaborate more on the points I offered so I'm hoping that you address EVERYTHING that I stated and realize that players from other administrations don't automaticly get released because of that but more so because of the of the circumstances.

That i agree with. The circumstances of their age/ability/salary, how they fit the scheme, attitude/leadership, etc...those are the factors that are considered by most smart football execs, IMO. Who drafted the player is really a non-issue, except for how it might influence those other factors. Only an egomaniac, or a very insecure GM, would care who drafted a player, when considering that player's future.

When it comes to Lee, his association with TD won't be an issue. If it is, Moorman better start worrying, too.