Do you think that

i'd be surprised. They don't have enough protection and they don't have the qb. And Isaac Bruce isn't getting old, he's just old. Vernon Davis hasn't shown that he's even a good NFL tight end yet and this will be year 3.

I like the 49ers. If I had to pick a second team it would probably be them, but I really don't like many of their recent moves. Martz is a nightmare. Willis is a beast though :lol:

i'd be surprised. They don't have enough protection and they don't have the qb. And Isaac Bruce isn't getting old, he's just old. Vernon Davis hasn't shown that he's even a good NFL tight end yet and this will be year 3.

I like the 49ers. If I had to pick a second team it would probably be them, but I really don't like many of their recent moves. Martz is a nightmare. Willis is a beast though :lol:

Vernon Davis is the case study for the why you don't blow high #1 picks on guying catching the ball. "

It's already been said, but who's going to throw to them?

One has to wonder when Alex Smith was progressing under Norv Turner if that was the right system for him? It could be that SF had a piss poor offensive scheme/ coordinator.

Vernon Davis is the case study for the why you don't blow high #1 picks on guying catching the ball. "

More like a case study for how nagging injuries can derail a solid prospect. He actually hasn't been bad when healthy, which has been rare. He caught 52 passes this past season, despite a knee sprain early in the year and some terrible QB play.