Draft Needs vs Best Player Avaliable

Takeo_14

We have had some good additions in free agency. A splended job by our front office.

Now we have the #11 pick and all of a sudden we are projected all over the map. Reason being there is no WR worthy of a top 15 pick. So do we trade down in the first and get another 2nd rounder?

My pick is to trade down and get a late first rounder with then having two second rounders.

WR List

Thomas

Sweed

Kelly

Hardy

I would think at least one would be avaliable in a trade down.

Now what if we stay at #11? I think we have to go with the best player avaliable. We have to take a serious look at these guys if avaliable.

DT- Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey (will both probably be gone but no one ver knows)

DE- Derrick Harvey

CB- Cromartie, Talib, Mcelvin

I just hope Modrak has an in on who is tops on thier board and don't reach for a need like they did with Whitner. I like him but to this day he was never worthy of that high of a pick.

We have had some good additions in free agency. A splended job by our front office.

Now we have the #11 pick and all of a sudden we are projected all over the map. Reason being there is no WR worthy of a top 15 pick. So do we trade down in the first and get another 2nd rounder?

My pick is to trade down and get a late first rounder with then having two second rounders.

WR List

Thomas

Sweed

Kelly

Hardy

Now what if we stay at #11? I think we have to go with the best player avaliable. We have to take a serious look at these guys if avaliable.

DT- Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey (will both probably be gone but no one ver knows)

DE- Derrick Harvey

I just hope Modrak has an in on who is tops on thier board and don't reach for a need like they did with Whitner. I like him but to this day he was never worthy of that high of a pick.

I agree with everything but your take on Whitner. He has outplayed the safety Oakland chose, who was supposed to be better than him, & if the Bills hadn't taken him, Miami would have. The Bills therefore not only strengthened themselves, they weakened Miami in the process because they then chose a DB who is GOD AWFUL. I think need has to play a role in the draft. Look @ the Lions, last year they tried to extort an exorbitant trade from Tampa, thinking Tampa was desperate for Calvin Johnson. Tampa would have taken Johnson if he was there, but they also needed help on defense as did Detroit. When Tampa didn't budge, Detroit selected Johnson instead of Adams who they REALLY could have used. Johnson didn't do much for them, Adams would have helped them make the playoffs. (Based on the year he had with Tampa)

WR List

Thomas

Sweed

Kelly

Hardy

DE- Derrick Harvey

I believe in taking best player available- unless they grade out real close. I think we are in good shape at CB now and decent shape at DE. I would put money that none of Hardy, Kelly, Sweed, or Thomas is available with our second round pick. I predict a run on WR somewhere in the last third of the first round/high second round. And we are desperate at WR. So I would be shocked if went elsewhere with the pick- unless Dorsey or Ellis was available.