What's the plan to fix the offense?

enoff

I'm not certain what the point was here. Did you object to my post in a specific way. I did not lead out with I have a breaking news flash. I did not start a new thread of my own to propogate a wild new idea, I simply added a thought. I will postpone my criticism of the front office and their "failure" to fix the offense, until the offseason is over. Passing on Bryant Johnson, Bubba Franks, Ben Troupe, etc. seems like good management to me. Yes the offense needs help, and it will be extremely diheartening if nothing is done going into the season. We are a long way off, so a few of us need to come in off the ledge and watch the rest of the plan unfold. Thank you for your insightful response to my post.

No, I was not trying to object to anything you said. Just making light of the many threads about the same topics. I do not want to offend you or anyone else.

The front office is building a team to win by making a very strong defense. D wins championships and O sells tickets. There is nothing this offseason I can think of that Buffalo could have done better when contract terms of potential players are figured in too.

IMO, the only thing on offense Buffalo needs is a big receiver or two. TE's that block are a lot more important than TE's that catch. It seems that most of the teams that have great TE's don't have great WR corps. A great WR corp is better than having a great pass catching TE.

:pirate:

I don't know what people think they should do on offense.

What else should they have done? I can't think of anything in FA that would have greatly upgraded the offense.

This concept of D winning games is true as long as that team has a semblance of an offense. We were pathetic last year. A lot of things have to come together for us to do better on O, than last year - Schonert's schemes have to be better than Fairchild's, Edwards progresses, our rookie WR & TE (assuming we draft both positions) have to pan out & contribute. Frankly, any of these parts go wrong and we are doomed to another mediocre season. The D can only do so much without the O scoring points (Dallas game last season).

I realize that the FA pick-ups for WR and TE were slim to none (BTW, I am not convinced Bryant Johnson is no better than what we have now). But that does not take away from the high probability that we are likely to suck again on offense.