Bryant Johnson

haus

Thank God. Malcolm Kelly at pick 11. This is the best thing that could've happend for the Bills. No sense overpaying an unproven guy for multiple years or signing him for 1 year and being right back into the same position the next year after he doesn't produce. You go with the safe, best bet. Malcom Kelly.

BOO-YA.

There is nothing safe about rookie WRs. There are as many busts as hits.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
What do ya say we pick up Keyshawn Johnson?

You mean I finally found someone else who wants to get Keyshawn Johnson's lazy buns out of retirement ;)

The guys a beast going across the middle, he's a WR with bad intentions and allot of grit to go along with it.

Disagree. He basically wants more money than what the employers will give him. The same is true of 90% of America. Like I said, he could be the greatest guy in the world (or the worst guy in the world). You don't know anything about him.

I'm merely talking from a football sense, not personally.

What our front office ISN'T doing is making me like them more than what they are doing. You don't jump at whatever is available and overpay to attempt to fill a need. Kudos to the front office!

I think there's a good chance that will prove to be a fair assessment in this case. Our management clearly felt he had ability that suggested he might hold down the 2 spot for us effectively- but a part their interest was based upon whether he really had what it takes to desire holding up that responsibility. The best way to measure his desire was to offer a contract that wasn't stupid for a guy with his career to date, and see if he had the confidence in himself to prove that he could shine in the role. He exposed his desire level by walking away from a nearly absolute 2 role not just at WR but likely the #2 receiving option with the Bills and selecting instead an offense where he at best is the 4th receiving option and more likely the 5. I would like to trust that our management strategy in this case flushed out a guy who really doesn't have the level of desire we want in our 2 spot at WR.

I think there's a good chance that will prove to be a fair assessment in this case. Our management clearly felt he had ability that suggested he might hold down the 2 spot for us effectively- but a part their interest was based upon whether he really had what it takes to desire holding up that responsibility. The best way to measure his desire was to offer a contract that wasn't stupid for a guy with his career to date, and see if he had the confidence in himself to prove that he could shine in the role. He exposed his desire level by walking away from a nearly absolute 2 role not just at WR but likely the #2 receiving option with the Bills and selecting instead an offense where he at best is the 4th receiving option and more likely the 5. I would like to trust that our management strategy in this case flushed out a guy who really doesn't have the level of desire we want in our 2 spot at WR.

Agreed. :thumbsup: