Brunell signs with the Saints....

Buftex

And fewer and fewer are needing backup QBs.

Suddenly, there aren't many experienced backups available. You have Frerotte, Kelly Holcomb and now Trent Dilfer. Unless someone makes a great offer for JP (1st to 3rd rounder), it is making less and less sense to unload him...his value, I would think is going up...

As of right now, we have two back ups at the position. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking we'll go to the draft in a later round for a back up.

So the Bills could have a 2nd year Pro as the starter and a rookie backup?

I think you have a better chance of seeing the Bills up and move to China before you will see the Bills with that at their QB position

Quinn Gray, man.

I asked about that a while ago, it might be a decent option. We aren't going to get a Pro Bowl caliber QB to take a backup job behind a second year player, and they might as well get something for Losman if he has absolutly no interest in re-signing. People crucified Marv for just letting Nate walk, why is it acceptable to just let JP walk?

I would rather keep JP and let him walk next year then sign quinn gray. The only thing quinn gray was good for was making money by betting against the jags when he played. The guy is god awful.

Yet his QB rating was almost 10 points higher than JP.

In 4 starts, plus some additonal game time, last year: 80 attempts/ 144 completions/ 55.6 %/ 986 yards/ 10 TDs/ 5 INTs

Can't ask for much more out of a backup than that.

Yet his QB rating was almost 10 points higher than JP.

In 4 starts, plus some additonal game time, last year: 80 attempts/ 144 completions/ 55.6 %/ 986 yards/ 10 TDs/ 5 INTs

Can't ask for much more out of a backup than that.

I hear what your saying, those are good numbers, but from watching him play I think that those numbers were more a product of the jaguars system than his skill. Garrard consistantly has a high QB rating and I don't think he's the most talented guy in the world either. A good O-line, great running game, and good O-coordinator can do wonders for a mediocre QB. I'm just saying if you watch Gray play he's not very good at all.

So the Bills could have a 2nd year Pro as the starter and a rookie backup?

I think you have a better chance of seeing the Bills up and move to China before you will see the Bills with that at their QB position

Maybe true, but how many games did we win because our QB's had a huge game?

Regardless of who we sign, it's not going to be anything great, thats the only reason I wouldn't be shocked if we just drafted another QB