Third Bush/Kerry Debate

MichFan

First, a nod to the Dems. I have an extreme disagreement with Kerry over the career and policies he has pursued as a Senator, his stand on national defense/Iraq, and the untolerable ambiguity behind his "plans". That said, Kerry is every bit as good a debater as advertised. If he wins, clearly these three debates will be the reason why. He has been able to shake the labels that have been assigned to him by making a strong appearance when it counted. Congratulations and I look forward to a well fought last few weeks.

I saw this debate as a draw. It was in the hands of Bush at times to win, but for some reason his handlers had him throwing labels around on a couple of issues instead of keeping it to the substance that has served him so well. Overall, the man who showed up tonight was the Bush who connects with the American people, and he got a couple of opportunities to reveal his humor and softer side again. Kerry spoke too fast, was all over the place with many of his answers, and was a tad bit robotic tonight. But he pulled off enough Clintonesque to make it a draw.

First, a nod to the Dems.  I have an extreme disagreement with Kerry over the career and policies he has pursued as a Senator, his stand on national defense/Iraq, and the untolerable ambiguity behind his "plans".  That said, Kerry is every bit as good a debater as advertised.  If he wins, clearly these three debates will be the reason why.  He has been able to shake the labels that have been assigned to him by making a strong appearance when it counted.  Congratulations and I look forward to a well fought last few weeks.

I saw this debate as a draw.  It was in the hands of Bush at times to win, but for some reason his handlers had him throwing labels around on a couple of issues instead of keeping it to the substance that has served him so well.  Overall, the man who showed up tonight was the Bush who connects with the American people, and he got a couple of opportunities to reveal his humor and softer side again.  Kerry spoke too fast, was all over the place with many of his answers, and was a tad bit robotic tonight.  But he pulled off enough Clintonesque to make it a draw.

69244[/snapback]

But after watching all three debates and listening to all the spin etc neither of these guys provides me a reason to vote for either of them.

But after watching all three debates and listening to all the spin etc neither of these guys provides me a reason to vote for either of them.

69257[/snapback]

Sad, ain't it? The richest, most powerful country in the world, and either way it's going to be led by a lobotomized chimpanzee for the next four years...

Sad, ain't it?  The richest, most powerful country in the world, and either way it's going to be led by a lobotomized chimpanzee for the next four years...

69265[/snapback]

Its sadder that so little of the population sees this as fact. The other problem is there are about 400 other lobotomized chimpanzee's running for re-election/election alone.

Sad, ain't it?  The richest, most powerful country in the world, and either way it's going to be led by a lobotomized chimpanzee for the next four years...

69265[/snapback]

Speaking of.. Has anyone seen my monkey. It liked to throw crap around.

I thought both candidates did well in appealing to their bases. I thought some of the questions were weak (Flu shots, personal faith, wives) and weren't the major issues most Americans are concerned about in this election. I wanted to see a more in-depth discussion about the loss of jobs and what they realistically can and will do, which is my number one issue in this election.