Fox Sports Digs Even Deeper Into Spygate*

AKC

I think you are going to very disappointed in what Walsh has for evidence.

Lets be accurate, Troll. You pray we'll be disappointed.

We're just waiting to see what happens.

And anticipating the joy of watching the *'s and their synchopant's self-distruct as the full truth comes out.

Finally, someone in the media echoes what I've been screaming all along, that Goodell and his cronies did whatever they could to quash a real and true scandal because it would hurt the league financially, and I hope, when Specter is done with them, they all have to spend time in prison and the league goes into major overhaul mode. It's a disgrace the way professional sports are being run by capitalist swine, just like everything else this country has to offer the world. Total disgrace.

I think you are going to very disappointed in what Walsh has for evidence.

The problem here are that unless you have some objective reason to make this conclusion (or is it merely driven by wishful thinking and opinion on your part) is that the NFL hierarchy is going to have to choose between two extremes on this one. I think anyone who is "pro-Pats" on this one better really hope Walsh has some real evidence that actually proves BB and the gang's innocence/

The issue basically is divided between those who love the Pats and those who hate the Pats. A lack of evidence either way essentially leaves the status quo the same. There will need to be evidence that points clearly to the Pats guilt OR there needs to be evidence that proves their innocence. In the absence of being compelled either way, the debate will continue.

The problem here is that while in the absence of any proof against the Pats there is nothing that will stand up against them in a court of law.

However, how many nickels the NFL makes is not going to be determined in a court of law it is going to be determined by the court of public opinion. Things were OK for the NFL as long as things were in their own court and they decided who was guilty or not and who got fined or not.

What Specter's involvement does is take this thing out of the NFLs hands and sticks this into the court of public opinion with Arlen Specter controlling the tap in terms of initiatives and press opportunities. My guess is that in the absence of clear cut evidence, Specter will get to play with PA and Eagle voters as his audience.

Goodell is going to be forced to either stand with the Pats and potentially face ongoing grilling efforts and bad publicity from Specter, or alternately he can choose to hang the Pats out to dry and try to regain control of the agenda by taking off after the Pats.

It does not look good for Kraft and BB because my guess is that if forced to take a stance, the NFL will not choose to simply stand with the Pats since they will stand accused of destroying evidence. My guess is that the NFL will realize that they are in for a rocky press ride no matter what they do and they will opt to stick with 31 teams turning on the Pats and hanging them out to dry if there is no firm evidence in this case.

The Pats will be left in difficult position of proving a negative if they did not do anything. I do not envy their position now that the NFL has destroyed the evidence.

If by "digs even deeper" you mean "reels off a bunch of speculation and says absolutely nothing", then yes, fox sports digs even deeper into spygate.

I want to see the Patriots get what's coming to them too, but this article seriously says nothing! It's all just a bunch of stupid drama crap.

If by "digs even deeper" you mean "reels off a bunch of speculation and says absolutely nothing", then yes, fox sports digs even deeper into spygate.

I want to see the Patriots get what's coming to them too, but this article seriously says nothing! It's all just a bunch of stupid drama crap.

As I just said, this article is another example that the Pats are going to guilty until proven innocent on this one and now that Specter and Congress control the flow on press events on this one it does not bode well for them.

For conspiracy theorists out there, were the Pats set up by the NFL hierarchy on this one as the sacrificial lamb?

It was the NFL which destroyed the evidence in this case.

The NFL has actually already declared BB and the Pats guilty with their significant fine of the team and BB personally for taping.

When push comes to Specter and there is no evidence to prove the negative for BB, Kraft may be told the NFL is going to let the Pats twist in the wind. It will be up to Kraft to decide whether he is going to twist with them or whether to simply blame the whole thing on BB.

We'll see.

True justice will not be served until, at the very least, Roger Goodell is tarred and feathered and run out of office on a rail. And then, when the Patriots have gotten THEIR just desserts, and they have to watch all their Superbowl rings melted into raw metal, recreated, and given to their opponents, every member of the media who got paid off to make us all look the other way needs to have their press passes revoked and maybe even sent to prison, themselves. Too many legitimate people had legitimate complaints, and the only evidence that could have sunk the Pats mid-season was destroyed by the league top guy in a back room. This thing stinks, no matter way you slice it. Welcome to Shitville, Belicheat, hope you get used to the smell. You created half this mess yourself, you tired old bastard.

This and other articles talk about how badly this scandal impacts the game and yet they talk about Bellicheat possibly getting a one year suspension if the news proves true. Sorry, but the cheating bastard deserves a lot worse than that. If he cheated his way to a SB victory, nothing less than a lifetime ban would be sufficient.