Visited Bills

Seahawks rb Josh Scobey and wr Alex Bannister from Raven`s. They were at One Bills Drive this week.Sorry if already posted.

correct me if im wrong but wasn't a bannister already cut from the bills a few years back?? that name sounds toooo familiar!

Seahawks rb Josh Scobey and wr Alex Bannister from Raven`s. They were at One Bills Drive this week.Sorry if already posted.

Two special teamers eh?

I can see Bannister as a replacement for Andre Davis, but if I were Lindell I would be ticked about bringing in Scobee. Lindell had a good year last year and pushing him in this way is odd.

Scobee is good, and might be a SLIGHT upgrade, but not worth the hassle.

Two special teamers eh?

I can see Bannister as a replacement for Andre Davis, but if I were Lindell I would be ticked about bringing in Scobee. Lindell had a good year last year and pushing him in this way is odd.

Scobee is good, and might be a SLIGHT upgrade, but not worth the hassle.

The Scobee your thinking of kicks for the Jags!

The Scobee they brought in is a RB/KR from the Seahawks.

correct me if im wrong but wasn't a bannister already cut from the bills a few years back?? that name sounds toooo familiar!

I don`t remember a wr. Was it a lineman? Is Scobey decent? Wasn`t Bannister a good return man for them at onetime?

According to the media guide, there has never been a player named Bannister on the team. You aren't thinking of Justin Bannan, are you?

According to the media guide, there has never been a player named Bannister on the team. You aren't thinking of Justin Bannan, are you?

No. There was all the hoopla at Prozac & Ritalin Forums Inc. two years ago that Bills should have made a big run for Bannister.

Bannister never played for the Bills, but he was brought in for a look a few years back when he played for Seattle. He may have been a RFA at the time? I remember him being very fast ... maybe they are looking at him as a gunner to replace Davis?

HERE is a link to billsdaily.com from 2004 that talks about his visit then.

Bannister was a RFA visit under Donahoe a few years back. He's a decent ST but not much of a receiver, his speed is somewhat suspect along with his route running. He was with Baltimore this year and recorded 2 ST stops.

Josh Scobey is RB/RS along with ST gunner. He did not return many kicks for the Seahawks last year but did record 12 ST tackles

Scouts Inc Analysis for both players:

Alex Bannister Grade 40 No further analysis

Josh Scobey RB Grade: 60 | Key

Alert: M

Comment:

Scobey has very good straight-line speed and quality special teams value. He has a lot of experience returning kickoffs, and he can excel in that role. He hits his top speed in a hurry. He has the speed to get outside and is an open-field threat on offense. He has good burst and a second gear. But Scobey lacks ideal run instincts and elusiveness. He doesn't have good patience or vision. He runs tentatively and won't find holes and hit them quickly out of the backfield. He doesn't wait for holes to develop. He has only adequate hands, limiting his value on third downs. He doesn't adjust well to poor throws. He doesn't even have a great feel for returns. He is a straight-line runner who doesn't set up his blocks or see seams forming. He needs very good blocking up front to be effective. He lacks the quickness and change-of-direction skills for punt returns. He needs to significantly improve his ball security.

Either way. Both aren't that interesting.

Bannister is a great gunner on special teams. He won't be expensive and can be a 5th wideout. i'd be happy with that.

Scobey is more of a kick return 3rd down back. What he really is is a smoke screen. If you sign Scobey you comitt further to RB by committee as he's a 3rd down type guy to fit with AT who's not.

Bannister being in is legit, Scobey's not. We're drafting a RB but we want to throw ppl off the scent.

Josh Scobey RB Grade: 60 | Key

Alert: M

Comment:

Scobey has very good straight-line speed and quality special teams value. He has a lot of experience returning kickoffs, and he can excel in that role. He hits his top speed in a hurry. He has the speed to get outside and is an open-field threat on offense. He has good burst and a second gear. But Scobey lacks ideal run instincts and elusiveness. He doesn't have good patience or vision. He runs tentatively and won't find holes and hit them quickly out of the backfield. He doesn't wait for holes to develop. He has only adequate hands, limiting his value on third downs. He doesn't adjust well to poor throws. He doesn't even have a great feel for returns. He is a straight-line runner who doesn't set up his blocks or see seams forming. He needs very good blocking up front to be effective. He lacks the quickness and change-of-direction skills for punt returns. He needs to significantly improve his ball security.

Scobey sounds like Antonio Brown v2.

If you sign Scobey you comitt further to RB by committee as he's a 3rd down type guy to fit with AT who's not.

Yup signing Josh Scobey would be showing our hand early. Especialy with him not even touching the ball once in 3 years. I'm sure he's being brought in to play some rb.