Game 4: Sabres at Islanders

Cornerville

Certainly can not. Zubrus has been playing his ass off. He looks like he just LOVES being on the Sabres. I hope we find a way to keep him.

Funny you mention that. I remember when the Sabres got Zubrus on trade day, and just thinking that the only thing I really knew about Zubrus, was that he always looked miserable when he was on the ice, for the Capitols. He never really made much of an impression on me, beyond that...since that weekend series with the Maple Leafs the last week in March, I think he has been, maybe, night after night, the best guy on the ice for Buffalo. He really looks like he is having a blast out there, like he has never had as much talent around him.

Just a few minutes before Pomminville scored, I was saying to my girlfriend (who wasn't really listening) that it seemed like Pomminville was just out of synch this whole series...amazing goal...I thought for sure it would be the TSN "On the FLY" play of the night...didn't even rank in their top 5...what do Canucks know about hockey?

Thinking of Zubrus and Pomminville, it makes you wonder how many guys, in all of sports, just rot away on crappy teams, never realizing their potential. Eddie Olczyk was marvelling tonight at the stick skills of Tim Connolly...and you wonder, if he had never been tossed in as a freebie in the Peca trade, and just been buried in the Islander organization, under their previous hideous managment, if his career might have not been over by now...just thinking...great game for our guys! We will finish the Isles off on Friday...I will then get more into the alcholic spirit of the game!