Should we try and trade for Clinton Portis

marck

If Turner costs a 1 and 3 (which I don't think they would ever get for him), then Portis should at least cost that or more based on his performance from his 5 or so starting years in the NFL. The skins don't like draft picks, they like to sign and overpay free agents which if you have the money is not a bad route to take if you can get good team play out of them. Unfortunately for them Snyder and Gibbs have not been able to figure that out, even with the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL.

Don't think that they are gonna play ball on that deal, or even a better one.

And I think they will still suck next year, or as long as Campbell and/or Brunell are their QB

I don't think Turner and Portis trades can be considered equal just as Portis and McGahee should not be treated the same. Portis does have lots of mileage that will bring down his cost compared to a Turner. However, I think Washington is planning on a two-back system which has been very successful in the recent past in the NFL (Addai/Rhodes, Jones/Benson, Maroney/Dillon, LT/Turner etc) and I see them using Betts and Portis to help out Campbell.

BTW, Campbell is in the same position as what JP was at the beginning of the last season. JP had a good year after a slow start and now we are all sold on him. Why cannot Campbell get the same shot..

Where would the $$$ come from for the likes of big-contract Portis, even if he is healthy?

From Ralph Wilson. He owns the Bills, you know. Haven't you been paying attention?

^_^

If we could get him at the proposed draft choices above, and if he was healthy, then I'd consider it. He is NOT worth what we got for Willis, IMO, as i suspect he has very little left in his tank. I'd much rather have Turner.

Everyone can laugh all they want but the best RB option for the Bills is Ricky Williams, he will be available in trade, and at a price we can afford. He is in better shape than Portis and if you can get past the past he is still a top 5 back , maybe better behind our new OL.

GITERDONE Marv.

Everyone can laugh all they want but the best RB option for the Bills is Ricky Williams, he will be available in trade, and at a price we can afford. He is in better shape than Portis and if you can get past the past he is still a top 5 back , maybe better behind our new OL.

GITERDONE Marv.

While I am on record as saying this may be a great situation for the Bills and Ricky, I'm also on record as saying:

It ain't gonna happen.

Save you breath, IMO. (But, I'd like to see it happen.)

Can we make it a rule in the RB situation posts to never bring up Ricky Williams again please..?? If one of the main reasons for Marv showing the door to Willis and Takeo were character issues within the locker room, it's pretty naive to even consider him bringing in Johnny Potsmoker. Not to mention that he didn't exactly tear up the CFL last year and that it was clear he lost more than a step when he was sharing time with Ronnie Brown in South Beach...I think Portis would be a very good compliment to the A-Train, but also def. see Washington sticking with a two-back offense unless they get an offer that will probably match or exceed that which AJ seems to want for Turner..It is worth a try however, to see if Snyder is smoking the same stuff Williams is and will give Portis up for a couple of 3rd-4th rd picks.