A reason to draft Alan Branch or Okoye at #12

Tommie Harris.

Good ball player. I think he hit close to 300 for his career. Played infield and outfield, if I'm not mistaken. I know he spent his early years with the Dodgers, then he bounced around from team-to-team for awhile.

Oh...you weren't talking about Tommy Davis? My bad,

No way we should take Branch, Carriker, or Okoye with 12. The addition of Darwin Walker is huge and fits our system perfectly. McCargo will be healthy this year and Kyle Williams can rotate in. If Peterson is gone at 12 then Bills should take Willis. Leon Hall is another option who lacks top end speed but is a great fit for the Tampa 2 we run.

With the many holes we still have to fill on our team, I do not think we would get nearly enough big plays from Leon Hall to justify making a cornerback our first pick at 12. LB, DL, RB if we make at Peterson our first pick.

Out of our 8 picks, we need to get very solid contributions from at least 6 or 7. And at least 4 of these picks need to have star potential. That kind of production this year with continued improvement from the rest of the team will put us right in the thick of the playoff race. Not on the fringes like last year, but controlling our own destiny when it gets cold out.