Hey all you Electronics experts!!!!

Yesterday I was watching my TV....Kids started fighting (again) so I had to leave the room for a minute. When I came back there was nothing but static coming out of the speakers. The picture was fine, the cable was fine, and the DTV was all fine. Here we are a day and a half later and still nothing but static. The living room TV is the only one effected in the house. The TV is a 57" RCA (not HD).

If anyone can give me some insight on what the problem may be and how to fix it I would much appreciate it.

I plan on getting a new HDTV before the football season starts but can't now due to vacation plans back to Tonawanda in July.

Thanks again.

Steve

Do you have audio output jacks from the TV (I'd be very surprised if you didn't). If so, try connecting some external speakers to the audio out via audio wires. If you get sound, then you know it's a problem with the internal speakers.

Do you have audio output jacks from the TV (I'd be very surprised if you didn't). If so, try connecting some external speakers to the audio out via audio wires. If you get sound, then you know it's a problem with the internal speakers.

I will give that a try. Thanks

Yesterday I was watching my TV....Kids started fighting (again) so I had to leave the room for a minute. When I came back there was nothing but static coming out of the speakers. The picture was fine, the cable was fine, and the DTV was all fine. Here we are a day and a half later and still nothing but static. The living room TV is the only one effected in the house. The TV is a 57" RCA (not HD).

If anyone can give me some insight on what the problem may be and how to fix it I would much appreciate it.

I plan on getting a new HDTV before the football season starts but can't now due to vacation plans back to Tonawanda in July.

Thanks again.

Steve

There's your problem right there....Seriously though, I would try the external speaker option as a first fix.

I have a surround sound system and that happened to me a couple of times. A horrid noise was doming from the speakers. I just rebooted the cable box and it came back fine. I'm not sure if this would do anything for you since your sound is coming directly from the TV.