Hey Sketch it's a very, very sad day.

Steely Dan

I have an autographed 1st edition copy of Galapagas that he signed at an appearance at the Village Green Bookstore a long time ago. A classic writer that is sorely missed. I've read 99.9% of the stuff he wrote. I wasn't aware of his essays from 2005. I'll have to get that soon. I'm also going to go back and reread some of his stuff again.

As an interesting little bit of trivia you may not know one of his daughters was married to Geraldo Rivera and Vonnegut said if he ever saw him he'd punch him in the nose.

Kurt you will be sorely missed and your free thinking attitude is desperately needed in these trying times. :worthy::lol::lol: May you find the beautiful utopia that Kilgore Trout goes to in "Breakfast of Champions"

I have an autographed 1st edition copy of Galapagas that he signed at an appearance at the Village Green Bookstore a long time ago. A classic writer that is sorely missed. I've read 99.9% of the stuff he wrote. I wasn't aware of his essays from 2005. I'll have to get that soon. I'm also going to go back and reread some of his stuff again.

As an interesting little bit of trivia you may not know one of his daughters was married to Geraldo Rivera and Vonnegut said if he ever saw him he'd punch him in the nose.

Kurt you will be sorely missed and your free thinking attitude is desperately needed in these trying times. :worthy::lol::lol: May you find the beautiful utopia that Kilgore Trout goes to in "Breakfast of Champions"

Robert Anton Wilson and Kurt Vonnegut have died in the first part of this year and it kind of feels like the end of an era to me. The great 20th century scions of the emancipating mind are falling to old age and the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Fortunately Tom Robbins is still around and kicking.

My real name is actually Kurt and my mother decided on the name while she was reading "Breakfast of Champions". Then I grew up and Vonnegut became my favorite author. I had no idea that she came up with the name from one of his books until years later. This little coincidence has always meant a lot to me for some reason. Hence my avatar and thus why this is a sad day for me, indeed. :thumbsup:

Robert Anton Wilson and Kurt Vonnegut have died in the first part of this year and it kind of feels like the end of an era to me. The great 20th century scions of the emancipating mind are falling to old age and the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Fortunately Tom Robbins is still around and kicking.

My real name is actually Kurt and my mother decided on the name while she was reading "Breakfast of Champions". Then I grew up and Vonnegut became my favorite author. I had no idea that she came up with the name from one of his books until years later. Hence my avatar and thus why this is a sad day for me, indeed. :worthy:

I started reading the illuminatus trilogy but could never get to far into it. I lent it to a friend and lost touch with them. I should get it again. A friend of mine told me once you get 150 pages into it it's really great.

is it worth money ?

I started reading the illuminatus trilogy but could never get to far into it. I lent it to a friend and lost touch with them. I should get it again. A friend of mine told me once you get 150 pages into it it's really great.

The Illuminatus Trilogy is without a doubt my favorite book ever. :nana: