Jay Cutler

I'm by no means a Jauron homer, but from a coaching and gameplanning standpoint, he held his own against Dungy, who, by the way, beat Bellyache on his way to winning the Super Bowl. Jauron proved last year that he can take a group of misfits in his first year and hang with the big boys. And exactly what has Shanahan done lately that makes him second to Bellyache? Last year, in a division featuring a limping KC and dismal Oakland, he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. You can feel free to lower his pedestal any time now.

I must point out, we swept Oakland and split the series with KC, which pretty much always happens. Shanahan is also 5-1 against Bradichick. So why would we lower his pedestal? Once Cutler got in, it wasn't our offense that was losing games. We never scored below 20 points with him as a starter, and that should be enough to win footbal games. You can't say he was 2-3 as a starter. The Denver Broncos were 2-3 with Jay Cutler playing quarterback. In our game against San Diego, despite a valiant 3rd quarter comeback, we didn't have a chance with the way the defense was performing. You're not going to win games when the opposition scores 48 points on you. That said, I think our defensive woes will be better next season. We've gotten rid of Larry "Blitz Bad" Coyer, and gotten a premiere defensive coordinator in Jim Bates. I know Coyer's defense started out strong, but once people got enough film on that defense, it was absolute dead meat. You know you have a problem when your only goal line defense is Champ Bailey.

I never said he was nothing to worry about. I just said he played average last year. From what I seen, I think the bills have good chance of beating denver, especially because the game is up here in buffalo.

BTW, I watched almost all of that Arizona game. That throw was impressive. I also watched him in their season finalle against the 49ers & when his team needed him to make a play with the playoffs on the line he couldnt do it.

Before you all talk smack, I suggest you try a stretch run with San DiegoX2, Kansas City, Seattle, and Cincinatti all trying to hinder you. And before you talk smack about Cutler, watch these games: @San Deigo, @ Arizona, and vs. Cincinatti. In the 49ers game he was concussed, so that would be the reason he was mediocre. He's been working like a maniac over the offseason on footwork, throwing, etc (apparently Mike Shanahan had to essentially kick him out of Dove Valley), and he's demonstrated a monster work ethic. The Bronco team matches up favorably against the Bills , who's only elite offensive threat (that I can see, correct me if I'm wrong), Lee Evans, is someone Champ Bailey likely won't have a problem with, considering he's shut down Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Hines Ward, etc.- just last year. I don't really see a whole lot to worry about for the Broncos except for the fact that it's week one on the road. The past two years we've laid a turd opening weekend, but that had more to do with Jake Plummer's interceptions than anything else. With a new year comes new hope, and I don't think we'll drop this one.

I must point out, we swept Oakland and split the series with KC, which pretty much always happens. Shanahan is also 5-1 against Bradichick. So why would we lower his pedestal? Once Cutler got in, it wasn't our offense that was losing games. We never scored below 20 points with him as a starter, and that should be enough to win footbal games. You can't say he was 2-3 as a starter. The Denver Broncos were 2-3 with Jay Cutler playing quarterback. In our game against San Diego, despite a valiant 3rd quarter comeback, we didn't have a chance with the way the defense was performing. You're not going to win games when the opposition scores 48 points on you. That said, I think our defensive woes will be better next season. We've gotten rid of Larry "Blitz Bad" Coyer, and gotten a premiere defensive coordinator in Jim Bates. I know Coyer's defense started out strong, but once people got enough film on that defense, it was absolute dead meat. You know you have a problem when your only goal line defense is Champ Bailey.

So in other words, if you had a better defense to go with your productive offense, then it would be easier for Shanahan to be successful as a coach.

Got it.

And if the Bills had a better run D they would have made the playoffs

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Shannahan is a good coach, definitly in the top half, but I wouldn't put him as one of the best, thats a bit of a reach.

I'd almost take DJ over Shanahan only because DJ took a Young, Inexperienced team expected to fight for the #1 spotand almost made the playoffs with them in his first year, with a completly new (and one that takes time to get working) Defensive scheme

I watched Cutler a few times last year. He looked nothing better then average & at times looked horribly below average which is not that uncommon for a guy with only 5 starts. It tooked Losman a year & a 1/2 to look comfortable with our offense(not counting his 1st year, he was injured. The thing I didnt like about Cutler coming out of the draft is that he was never a winner in college. Say what you want about how horrible of a program Vanderbilt is etc... but there is something to be said about a qb playing in a major conference that sticks around for 4yrs & cant even take his team to a bowl game. Right now, I would take Losman over him any day of the week.

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance? There is no guarantee that a QB will succeed in the NFL

even if they were winners in college. Have many QB went to a bowl game with out alot of guys around him . Jay didn't have All-Americans scattered across the field and had to adjust , he had to deal with alot pressure.Vanderbilt football has not won a conference championship since the foundation of the Southeastern Conference in 1932,2006 postseason .

A survey of ten former SEC coaches ranked the Vanderbilt job the least attractive in the SEC.

To be honest If i were you don't know if I'd vote for Losman he's gotta break some passing and rushing records first. Losman will follow in the steps of some recent talented quarterback prospects out of Tulane, namely Shaun King and Patrick Ramsey (IMO)

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance? There is no guarantee that a QB will succeed in the NFL

even if they were winners in college. Have many QB went to a bowl game with out alot of guys around him . Jay didn't have All-Americans scattered across the field and had to adjust he had to deal with alot pressure.Vanderbilt football has not won a conference championship since the foundation of the Southeastern Conference in 1932,2006 postseason . A survey of ten former SEC coaches ranked the Vanderbilt job the least attractive in the SEC.

To be honest If i were you don't know if I'd vote for Losman he's gotta break some passing and rushing records first. Losman will follow in the steps of some recent talented quarterback prospects out of Tulane, namely Shaun King and Patrick Ramsey (IMO)

Yeah, I think Losman has already beat them out

Yeah, I think Losman has already beat them out
I am guessing Henry will have a 175 yard game vs the Bills in Broncos system! Thats - y - ever one is so high on him here, but reading some of these posters here makes me wonder if that is all there high on. :nana:

This just in....

Cutler watched film of Aaron Schobel today and then mentioned to Coach Shadyhands that he usually gets sick right around Sept. 9th every year....He may need to spend that weekend in Aspen with Bruce, a haistylist who Cutler mentioned "is just a friend..."

even if they were winners in college. Have many QB went to a bowl game with out alot of guys around him . Jay didn't have All-Americans scattered across the field and had to adjust , he had to deal with alot pressure.Vanderbilt football has not won a conference championship since the foundation of the Southeastern Conference in 1932,2006 postseason .

A survey of ten former SEC coaches ranked the Vanderbilt job the least attractive in the SEC.

How was I spreading ignorance. I just stated a fact that Cutler has never been on a winning program. Fair or not, that is a monkey he has to get off his back. Maybe if he could of beat powerhouses like Middle Tennesee State Vanderbilt would of been bowl eligable one of his years. Your the one that is ignorant comparing Losman to guys like Ramsey & King. & before you startup with the Losman sucks chants, try watching a bills game first before you starting shooting your mouth off. Losman is light years ahead of where Cutler is right now & I got news for you, noone is scared of the big bad broncos like they used to be. Noway Cutler comes up to Orchard Park for Opening Day & comes out of here with a win. If the game was going to played halfway thru the season, I would be alot more worried. In fact out of all the bills games this year besides Miami, Im most confident the bills will win the opener.

How was I spreading ignorance. I just stated a fact that Cutler has never been on a winning program. Fair or not, that is a monkey he has to get off his back. Maybe if he could of beat powerhouses like Middle Tennesee State Vanderbilt would of been bowl eligable one of his years. Your the one that is ignorant comparing Losman to guys like Ramsey & King. & before you startup with the Losman sucks chants, try watching a bills game first before you starting shooting your mouth off. Losman is light years ahead of where Cutler is right now & I got news for you, noone is scared of the big bad broncos like they used to be. Noway Cutler comes up to Orchard Park for Opening Day & comes out of here with a win. If the game was going to played halfway thru the season, I would be alot more worried. In fact out of all the bills games this year besides Miami, Im most confident the bills will win the opener.

The Bills will lose that game against the Broncos and Losman will be exposed as the fraud he is.

And if the Bills had a better run D they would have made the playoffs

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Shannahan is a good coach, definitly in the top half, but I wouldn't put him as one of the best, thats a bit of a reach.

I'd almost take DJ over Shanahan only because DJ took a Young, Inexperienced team expected to fight for the #1 spotand almost made the playoffs with them in his first year, with a completly new (and one that takes time to get working) Defensive scheme

The difference between us and you:

We fix our problems.

The Bills will lose that game against the Broncos and Losman will be exposed as the fraud he is.

OK, you got him. His real name is Winman. Either way, he's still ahead of Cutler at this time.

The difference between us and you:

We fix our problems.

Signing the Arizona Cardinals' overrated QB to a lucrative contract and then watching him flush your team's chances for 4 years is what you consider fixing your problems???

The Bills and the Broncos both played in divisions with two playoff teams last year. The Bills and the Broncos both played in zero playoff games last year. The Bills and the Broncos are both relying heavily on young QB's from 2nd-tier football schools to lead the resurgence. The Bills and the Broncos have both been shuffling RB's for the last five years. I would say the Bills have zero wins in the last five years to hang their hat on...In the last five years, the Broncos took a year off from getting smoked by the Colts and used some suspect refereeing to beat the Patriots in one playoff game in Jan 06. Then they proceeded to lose at home in the AFC title game to the Steelers.

It's good to see the Broncos fans feel like their team is light years ahead of that laughing stock in Buffalo.........

Signing the Arizona Cardinals' overrated QB to a lucrative contract and then watching him flush your team's chances for 4 years is what you consider fixing your problems???

The Bills and the Broncos both played in divisions with two playoff teams last year. The Bills and the Broncos both played in zero playoff games last year. The Bills and the Broncos are both relying heavily on young QB's from 2nd-tier football schools to lead the resurgence. The Bills and the Broncos have both been shuffling RB's for the last five years. I would say the Bills have zero wins in the last five years to hang their hat on...In the last five years, the Broncos took a year off from getting smoked by the Colts and used some suspect refereeing to beat the Patriots in one playoff game in 2005. Then they proceeded to lose at home in the AFC title game to the Steelers.

It's good to see the Broncos fans feel like their team is light years ahead of that laughing stock in Buffalo.........

The Broncos are light years ahead of the Bills. Again the last Bills playoff appearance was in 2000. Enough said.

The Broncos are light years ahead of the Bills. Again the last Bills playoff appearance was in 2000. Enough said.

I agree, playoffs is the desired destination, and Denver has done and incredible job of staying competitive in a tough division. But what do they have to show for ANY of their playoff appearances? A few 45-14 blowouts to the Colts, a sneaky win over the Pats, and throwing up on themselves against the Steelers at home?

No doubt their last 5 years have been more successful than Buffalo's, but where are they now? I would not call them light years ahead of the Bills in April of 2007, with a QB who has a ton to prove.