It's nice to hear stories that restores your admiration

It's kind of pathetic when NFL Access opens their top story the other night with the Pacman interview and then speaks of the legacy of Grambling's coach Eddie Robinson as the secondary story. People gravitate towards negativity and that's what sells but to hear about athletes who care about making a difference in someone's life not as an athlete but as a person really restores a person's faith in this world. The Chicago bears' DT Tommie Harris did just that by being the person that he is. I'd rather hear about him, and people like him, then all this publicity of the poor character of someone like Pacman Jones.

Here's a link to a story that's befitting to read on the week-end of the Easter Holiday. I hope you all enjoy it and a Happy Easter to each and everyone of you.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bears-headlines

It's kind of pathetic when NFL Access opens their top story the other night with the Pacman interview and then speaks of the legacy of Grambling's coach Eddie Robinson as the secondary story. People gravitate towards negativity and that's what sells but to hear about athletes who care about making a difference in someone's life not as an athlete but as a person really restores a person's faith in this world. The Chicago bears' DT Tommie Harris did just that by being the person that he is. I'd rather hear about him, and people like him, then all this publicity of the poor character of someone like Pacman Jones.

Here's a link to a story that's befitting to read on the week-end of the Easter Holiday. I hope you all enjoy it and a Happy Easter to each and everyone of you.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bears-headlines

Of COURSE you are right, Tippy. Without question, IMO.

I try to calm myself by thinking, "these stories are so COMMON among athletes, and people in general, that they are not aberrant enough to be truly newsworthy."

Of course, that's mostly bunk...yet it calms me, sometimes.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

bump...

There is a difference between sitting there and feeling sorry for a kid when you hear a story like Tommie Harris heard and taking action. Tommie Harris took action...nice stuff..

Of COURSE you are right, Tippy. Without question, IMO.

I try to calm myself by thinking, "these stories are so COMMON among athletes, and people in general, that they are not aberrant enough to be truly newsworthy."

Of course, that's mostly bunk...yet it calms me, sometimes.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Hey, it's nice to see that your face cleared up in time for Easter. I get a kick rapping with ya dude, have a Happy Easter.

Hey, it's nice to see that your face cleared up in time for Easter. I get a kick rapping with ya dude, have a Happy Easter.

Back at ya, Tippy. I have a feeling, Bob will be in good shape for Easter.

Happy Easter!