On BB.com rumor mill is saying TH on the block

PJBrown

I'd think we'd get draft pick(s) if anything happen...You are absolutely right on that...I really don't see anyone trading a starting OL for sure and if we made that trade for a player we would need a startr to gain value....

Anyway, Muck Fiami!

68957[/snapback]

Muck Fiami is right! You go dude!

I saw that on the message boards. It was some guy claiming to have knowledge from another team that has been in contact with TD. According to this guy, the team from which he heard it is not interested because the asking price is too high.

the deadline is the 19th, right...? imo willis will get a huge test to see if he truly is back to form. with that being said if willis takes the majority of the carries this weekend it's simply going to propel travis to be gone by the deadline.

One thing we have is options....I hope TD doesn't do a deal just for the sake of doing one...but if we can get some decent picks next year AND they feel WM can carry the load, then let'er RIP...everyone will be happy....TH doesn't look like's enjoying being here and I almost can't blame him....it would be like working and having your replacement sitting in the next cube waiting....

68966[/snapback]

I think most posters on this board are under-estimating Travis Henry's worth. If you go by the last 2 years the guy is a top ten RB and we might be able to get a O-lineman for him

Thanks.....I got a little ticked at being called an idiot as I am a true bills fan, long time board memeber and an above average fan in terms of sports knowledge, IMO... now the the reason I even posted the rumor is that it is not that far out of reality and here is why:

1) We are 0-4. Many feel Travis will be traded if Willis gets back to form. Why not now and let Willis cut his teeth..again if healthy...

2) If we suck as bad as many here think (I disagree there), Travis will only decrease his trade value by year end..

3) TD was quoted today saying WM has shown signs he is close to his old self in practice the past few weeks.

4) Somthing needs to give....maybe we get a good OL, draft choice, etc...

5) Cutting Shaw out of nowhere can be a pre-curser...did that not free up additional cap space?

6) If nothing else it gives we Bills fans something to discuss......

And if anyone thinks I'm an idiot for posting this please exercise your rights on this board to disregard...and if you want to insult me please kiss my ass....

68936[/snapback]

1) key words, "again if healthy"

2) I just can't decide whether to agree or not (thankfully I'm not the GM). Travis always starts to shine after the 3rd or 4th game. The disclaimer to that is Travis might be cut down drastically on the number of touches that he gets. I think that fewer touches will have a huge impact on his yds/att and obviously his overall contribution to the offensive production, which is of course not conducive to trade value.

3) key words, "shown signs". This statement scares me! In no way can that be taken as a he is 100%, so we have complete faith in him.

4) If this gives and Henry is traded before the season ends, this will more than likely result in a draft choice. I think that TD has made it perfectly clear (in a blurry way) that this is McGahee's job to lose in the short and long term (as in the next 0 to 12 games). So Henry is probably on his way out. I don't think that we will get anyone of true value in a "trade Henry vs. another player and +/- draft picks". A first round pick has to sound tempting for Henry now during midseason at OBD. The fact that we are now 0-4 displaces any logical thought in this matter. There is now way at this point of the season to decide whether or not we have a team better served by a high draft pick or a team that can somehow make a run at the playoffs.

5) I don't think it did much for cap space, but you have to wonder what the plan is for the vacancy.

6) Thank god!

I'm sorry, but everytime I read "assclown" I laugh...I really need to incorporate that into my vocabulary. I have a hockey game tonight so that may be the place.

68952[/snapback]

Well at least someone got to play hockey last night! Shame on the NHL and the players for letting this happen! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Well at least someone got to play hockey last night! Shame on the NHL and the players for letting this happen! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

69887[/snapback]

No kidding....hey, I'm going to start looking for plane tickets....I'll probably be your way for the NE night game....we'll have to hit a Bills bar that night!

How about Travis to Miami for Ricky then and a #3

then Ricky and the #3 to Oakland for their #1 and #2?

69015[/snapback]

I have to say when I read this I was thinking wow that would work out great for the Bills, but then I thought...

...Is Travis worth Ricky Williams, a #3 and 8.6 million? That's what the fish lose by trading away Williams.

I don't think so because Miami's hopes for a playoff spot are next to nil. Why would they give away those number 1 and 2 picks for a lost cause? I think Travis has value to them in that he could provide them welcome relief to a severely depleted RB corps, both this year and the next several years.

The funny thing about a trade like this is that it would take a Buffalo Bills fan, Travis Henry, and makes him a Miami Dolphin, while at the same time it takes a Miami Dolphin fan, Willis McGahee, and maintains him as a Buffalo Bill. :(

At this point in the Bills season I think this trade doesn't look half bad on paper, BUT do we really want to give up Henry (re: our depth)? Do we really want Henry running against us 2 times a year?

If we don't trade him now will we lose trade value? Travis is possibly going to be delegated to back up duties this week due to injuries, if Willis has a great week does the real RB controversy begin? How much distraction will that be for a team trying to figure out which way is up now?

No matter what the outcome is of this "rumor" is, it will create a plethora of repetitive posts and opinions. :lol:

I have to say when I read this I was thinking wow that would work out great for the Bills, but then I thought...

...Is Travis worth Ricky Williams, a #3 and 8.6 million? That's what the fish lose by trading away Williams.

I don't think so because Miami's hopes for a playoff spot are next to nil. Why would they give away those number 1 and 2 picks for a lost cause? I think Travis has value to them in that he could provide them welcome relief to a severely depleted RB corps, both this year and the next several years. 

The funny thing about a trade like this is that it would take a Buffalo Bills fan, Travis Henry, and makes him a Miami Dolphin, while at the same time it takes a Miami Dolphin fan, Willis McGahee, and maintains him as a Buffalo Bill. :(

At this point in the Bills season I think this trade doesn't look half bad on paper, BUT do we really want to give up Henry (re: our depth)? Do we really want Henry running against us 2 times a year?

If we don't trade him now will we lose trade value? Travis is possibly going to be delegated to back up duties this week due to injuries, if Willis has a great week does the real RB controversy begin? How much distraction will that be for a team trying to figure out which way is up now?

No matter what the outcome is of this "rumor" is, it will create a plethora of repetitive posts and opinions. :lol:

69935[/snapback]

no no no no

We do not keep Ricky!

TD packages him and the #3 we get from miami to Oakland for their #1 & #2

in 2005 OR their 2004 #1 and 2005 #2