Trading down possibilities and scenarios

daquix

I am no expert on the scenarios that could develop for trading down, so I would like those of you who are, to help me. If the Bills were to trade down from the #12 spot to #16-#25 (somewhere in between) what could we reasonably hope to get in exchange?

Also: do the Bills currently have two 2nd round picks, or is ESPN just have something faulty on the draft day page?

I am no expert on the scenarios that could develop for trading down, so I would like those of you who are, to help me. If the Bills were to trade down from the #12 spot to #16-#25 (somewhere in between) what could we reasonably hope to get in exchange?

Also: do the Bills currently have two 2nd round picks, or is ESPN just have something faulty on the draft day page?

2 thirds one 2nd. ESPN can't count , and has not grasped the significance of one to one correspondence.

Here's a link to draft value chart which should give you a good idea of what they'd get in return.

Value Chart

The value chart is a good place to start. The thing is finding a suck...err trading partner.

Here's a link to draft value chart which should give you a good idea of what they'd get in return.

Value Chart

Thank you

The value chart is a good place to start. The thing is finding a suck...err trading partner.

It seems to happen every year.

Heres what i think:

The Denver Broncos have the 21st overall pick in the draft and have a pretty big hole to fill at DT where Gerrard Warren and Michael Myers are both old and losing their skills. A guy like Alan Branch would be great for them so...

-ship the 12th overall to Denver for 21st overall and their 2nd rounder (to make things more enticing, maybe add a guy like Duke Preston who Marv and Co. seem to have cooled on considerably and since Denver needs more depth at OL too)

Then...

-@ pick 21, take Poz who, despite getting some bad rap on this board, would help our team and would be a good pick at 21.

-with the 12th pick in the second round, grab up DT Justin Harrell from Tenn.

-with the Denver 2nd rounder take WR Sidney Rice: I know hes not a name most people have thought of for us, but one poster here said that we need to help JP out as much as possible and Rice is tall, "deceptively fast" (aka ran a poor 40 but still can play) and has big soft hands. He could potentially steal the #2 WR spot if Price doesnt improve

-With the 2 third round picks, we'd need to grab up a RB (Tony Hunt or possibly Antonio Pittman?) and a CB (Daymeion Hughes or Tanard Jackson?)

A lot would need to happen for this to go through, especially not a trade for Turner, which Ive cooled considerably on in the past two days. But if all of the above could happen, i think most Bills fans would be content with our draft/team.

but remember...

IN MARV WE TRUST

I think the first candidate is Green Bay. If Peterson is still available at our pick would Green Bay like to move up? Or is letting Marshawn Lynch fall to them pretty much guaranteed? I think that's the first logical possibility at our spot.

The second is if a QB or a guy like Okoye is available-----I think our phone would be ringing off the hook!

I'm sorry? Could you explain what you meant by that?

More trades DON'T happen. MOST teams stay put. Most trade offers are REJECTED!

Trades happen every year. More trades DON'T happen.

Trades are not a simple exchange of "value" based on a chart. Booster was correct when he noted:

More trades DON'T happen. MOST teams stay put. Most trade offers are REJECTED!

Trades happen every year. More trades DON'T happen.

Trades are not a simple exchange of "value" based on a chart. Booster was correct when he noted:

Got it.