Turner is terrible! Look at him he is a backup!

Turner should have EASILY passed LaDanian Tomilinson on the depth chart and started on San Diego...who is Tomilinson anyway? :blink:

Forget the facts that Turner is big, very strong, and is fast...that does not mean anything.

Let's get a college RB who has proven so much in the pros already!!!!

;)

yeah you're right Turner is a sure thing starting 1 total game ( which was in 2004 ) in 3 years with 157 carries for 941 yards and an amazing 7 career catches

the fact is Turner isnt much more proven then a rookie would be, he has looked good playing on a good team mostly in garbage time....Kenny Davis looked pretty good too running behind Thurman and playing on a good team

I would rather draft Lynch then trade picks and pay Turner what he would want to be paid

the guy has one more start in the NFL then any RB in the draft this year....has Turner even carried the ball 20+ times in a game

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sure hate to have a 1600 total yard, 11 TD back on this roster. :w00t:

Lamont Jordan had 500 total yards and 3 TDs last season. =(

And the year before only RAN for 1,000 and a 3.8 YPC. You know what we do to people that get under 4 YPC here.

And for what we'd be paying Turner I'd expect 1600 and 11 tds RUSHING, not total.

Lamont Jordan had 500 total yards and 3 TDs last season. =(

And the year before only RAN for 1,000 and a 3.8 YPC. You know what we do to people that get under 4 YPC here.

And for what we'd be paying Turner I'd expect 1600 and 11 tds RUSHING, not total.

That's just ridiculous. 1600 yards from scrimmage is 1600 yards. When Thurman was playing great for the Bills it was his combination of running and receiving that made him dangerous. And a lot of times teams use flare and swing and dump off passes as running plays. And in two of his six seasons, LT, the best RB in the league, had 3.6 and 3.9 yards per carry. I suppose he sucks, too.

Turner is no more risk than a draft pick.

Factor in contract value and Turner's risk/reward rises.

Travis Henry got $22.5 million over 5 years from the Broncos ($12 million guaranteed). Turner would certainly command more, based on the glowing reports of his potential on half the threads here. A rookie contract, even the #12 pick, would probably command only $15-$18 million over the same period, so the net difference could be spent on other needs.

That's just ridiculous. 1600 yards from scrimmage is 1600 yards. When Thurman was playing great for the Bills it was his combination of running and receiving that made him dangerous. And a lot of times teams use flare and swing and dump off passes as running plays. And in two of his six seasons, LT, the best RB in the league, had 3.6 and 3.9 yards per carry. I suppose he sucks, too.

Re-read what I said. I said that he won't be well-received here if he averages under 4.0 YPC.

Whenever someone brought up Ladanian TOmlinson to defend Willis' YPC, it was ignored. Lamont Jordan's numbers and running style would have gotten him run out of town here as well, especially after his numbers in the most recent season. If the LT YPC average doesn't hold weight in relation to Willis' YPC, it certainly doesn't hold weight in relation to Lamont.

Looking beyond the numbers, I simply don't think Lamont is all that good a back. But given his numbers, well, we've had better runners here get lambasted. He wouldn't get a chance.

Re-read what I said. I said that he won't be well-received here if he averages under 4.0 YPC.

Whenever someone brought up Ladanian TOmlinson to defend Willis' YPC, it was ignored. Lamont Jordan's numbers and running style would have gotten him run out of town here as well, especially after his numbers in the most recent season. If the LT YPC average doesn't hold weight in relation to Willis' YPC, it certainly doesn't hold weight in relation to Lamont.

Looking beyond the numbers, I simply don't think Lamont is all that good a back. But given his numbers, well, we've had better runners here get lambasted. He wouldn't get a chance.

People are all over A Train here as being terrific and he ran for 3.5 last year and 3.8 for his career. If you know anything about football, the YPC is not a great indicator whatsoever about a RB unless you consider the team, how he was used, the blocking, etc. And often the amount of carries is a better indicator of how well a RB played than the yards and the YPC. Most 30 carry for 100 yard games are at least as good if not better than 25 carry for 100 yards.

I think we're in a similar camp and getting caught up in semantics.

I'm not speaking for my own beliefs as much as I am what I've seen people here see in bashing certain runners that have come through this town.

Turner should have EASILY passed LaDanian Tomilinson on the depth chart and started on San Diego...who is Tomilinson anyway? :lol:

Forget the facts that Turner is big, very strong, and is fast...that does not mean anything.

Let's get a college RB who has proven so much in the pros already!!!!

:wallbash:

Turner would be a great pick up, but not at the expense of our 12th pk :wallbash: We can concievably acquire P. Willis at 12, whom would pay bigger dividends to us than turner. We would be mentally retarded to trade or relinquish our 1st pk on Turner. SD is inquiring an inordinate amount for Turner! I would luv him for a 3rd perhaps a 2nd, but that is even reaching!