A draft/trade scenario for us to aquire Briggs & Turner...

I also think that if nobody the Bills covet is on the board when they pick they could trade with Atlanta and Give them their 12th pick for Atlanta's two picks in the second round 39th and 44th and their third round pick 75th.

If that happened Buffalo would have the 39th, 43rd, 44th, 74th, 75th and 92nd pick. They would then have six picks in the first 100 picks! :thumbsup:

Here's where your little fantasy goes out the window.

The Redskins are offering the Bears the #6 overall pick for Briggs STRAIGHT UP.

That is much more valuable than your pie in the sky proposal. But keep it up! :lol::thumbsup:

Aha! That's where I got you. Who needs a pie in the sky when I got Lucy with diamonds?

Here's part of my reasoning. Snyder/Rosenhaus backdoored Angelo and are trying to force his hand. Rosenhaus has Briggs threatening to sit out 10 games. The thought of this makes an uncomfortable situation for Angelo. Rosenhaus then provides a way out for Angelo to retain something and still save face, a trade. Rosenhaus lines up Snyder and he enters the picture. I posted an earlier link from an agent who states that the agents love dealing with Snyder because he's a big pay day. Angelo takes a burn on the scruples of these two and vehemently resists the initial concept. Some time goes by, Angelo calms down but he hasn't forgotten how these three are squeezing him. More burn. Angelo doesn't just take the offer and run, he wants to return the ballbreaking and says swapping of the 1st rd picks isn't enough, he wants some other form of compensation. Standstill.

Now here's where Buffalo could enter the picture. Angelo stills gets the generous compensation for a disgruntled employee and gets rid of him and his pain in the ass agent. Even better, he sticks it to Snyder and knocks him out of the picture. In that trade scenario Chicago only swaps picks, with Buffalo's scenario he gains an additional 1st rd pick AND a future undetermined 3rd rder. Matter of fact Angelo isn't crazy about top 10 picks. He views them just as much a curse as a blessing. A top ten pick will cost $15-20 million in guaranteed money. There would be a great bit of difference in dollars between a top ten pick and two very late 1st rders.

Using the NFL draft value chart would show that the Redskin trade would provide slightly more in points (189.5 points) but less in players/picks. I used an average for points for our future 3rd rd pick (#80/190.5 points) for value. That's right in the middle of the 3rd rd, that shouldn't be off by too much one way or the other.

*What I would think could be the biggest obstacle in dealing for Briggs is Marv may not want to deal with Rosenhaus.

*What I would think could be the biggest obstacle in dealing for Briggs is Marv may not want to deal with Rosenhaus.

Briggs is asking too much, Chicago will be asking too much, Rosenhaus would be a pain to deal with the Bills going "Cash to the cap" and Briggs has not conducted himself in a manner the Bills will respect.

Sez here doesn't happen.