Turner trade regurgitation

The Bills are NOT going to trade away a 1st round pick THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR or ANY YEAR for Michael Turner. I'm so sick of the stories and reports that the Chargers "won't give him away for anything less than blah blah blah...". Whatever AJ, call us when you've woken up from your slumber and finally figure out that RBs do not fetch 1st round picks any longer.

I only just wish that Marv would come out and say "I'll give up a 1st round draft pick for Turner when pigs fly". At least it would put this ridiculous story to a humorous end and the bored NFL reporters will have something new to talk about.

The Bills are NOT going to trade away a 1st round pick THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR or ANY YEAR for Michael Turner. I'm so sick of the stories and reports that the Chargers "won't give him away for anything less than blah blah blah...". Whatever AJ, call us when you've woken up from your slumber and finally figure out that RBs do not fetch 1st round picks any longer.

I only just wish that Marv would come out and say "I'll give up a 1st round draft pick for Turner when pigs fly". At least it would put this ridiculous story to a humorous end and the bored NFL reporters will have something new to talk about.

If Turner turned out to be one of the top 5-10 running backs in the league, he would be well worth the 12th pick in the draft.

Aren't Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch projected first round picks? They're RBs.

You guys are going to be soooo upset when you find out what we gave up for Burner. It'll sit back and laugh.

Smell the coffee. Marv will only part with what the value of Turner is, which is certainly NOT a 1st round pick. They can tell him until they're blue in the face that he's worth a 1st round pick (and then some), but it's not going to work. To think so is a little insulting to the man.

As for Peterson and Lynch, yes they are 1st round picks. So what...both are also projected starters of which Turner has never been one. You may be a big supporter of Turner's but I find his stats to be a little too good to be true. Meaning that SD's offensive line is one of the best and also that when Turner goes in I suspect that the opposing defenses are winded from chasing after LT. I'd rather the Bills reach for a TE like Olsen (which are much harder to find) then to give SD a 1st rounder and a boat load of cash for a backup runningback like Turner...Lamont Jordan Part II.

If Turner turned out to be one of the top 5-10 running backs in the league, he would be well worth the 12th pick in the draft.

That's a big "if". Want some other big "if's"? If Turner can't carry of full game load, catch a third and 5 swing pass, block a blitzing linebacker and/or fails to gain tough yards when actually being touched running through a line of scrimmage then the Bills got the shaft of the century. The Bills fans with NFL ticket will still have the opportunity to watch Patrick Willis' Hall of Fame career in Southern Callifornia though, just not live and in person in Orchard Park.

The Bills are simply in no position to hang their hopes on a backup runningback being a top 5-10 player and passing over an impact player like Willis. If the Bills ever went through with this it will be something that'll haunt them forever.

Drafting a player and trading for a player are two different things.. You don't trade a 1st rd pick for a RB, but if the guy you covet is there at your pick in the draft, you take him.. It's just the way the markey works.

Teams consider Turner to be another prospect, imo. Just like Peterson and Lynch. Except we have NFL film on Turner... and he's durable and doesn't fumble.

That's a big "if". Want some other big "if's"? If Turner can't carry of full game load, catch a third and 5 swing pass, block a blitzing linebacker and/or fails to gain tough yards when actually being touched running through a line of scrimmage then the Bills got the shaft of the century. The Bills fans with NFL ticket will still have the opportunity to watch Patrick Willis' Hall of Fame career in Southern Callifornia though, just not live and in person in Orchard Park.

The Bills are simply in no position to hang their hopes on a backup runningback being a top 5-10 player and passing over an impact player like Willis. If the Bills ever went through with this it will be something that'll haunt them forever.

I never said he would or could. That's for the guys who get paid to do that, to determine. If the Bills think he is that talented then they should make the deal,, otherwise... of course not

Smell the coffee. Marv will only part with what the value of Turner is, which is certainly NOT a 1st round pick. They can tell him until they're blue in the face that he's worth a 1st round pick (and then some), but it's not going to work. To think so is a little insulting to the man.

We shall see, won't we? If Marv can draft a small safety at #8, he can pitch #12 for a RB. I don't think it'll be straight up. It might involve a swap of #1s with SD.

As for Peterson and Lynch, yes they are 1st round picks. So what...both are also projected starters of which Turner has never been one.

If the Bills trade a high pick for Turner, wouldn't he then be a projected starter?

You may be a big supporter of Turner's but I find his stats to be a little too good to be true. Meaning that SD's offensive line is one of the best and also that when Turner goes in I suspect that the opposing defenses are winded from chasing after LT. I'd rather the Bills reach for a TE like Olsen (which are much harder to find) then to give SD a 1st rounder and a boat load of cash for a backup runningback like Turner...Lamont Jordan Part II.

I have the same reservations as you about Turner. But I've also seen his speed and power in action. I'm impressed.

you know what...i think you're wrong. i think you better get ready for a turner for 1st round trade. i think that'll be the extent of a trade...no second pick. ug. if anything i'm hoping for swapping first round picks.

you know what...i think you're wrong. i think you better get ready for a turner for 1st round trade. i think that'll be the extent of a trade...no second pick. ug. if anything i'm hoping for swapping first round picks.

I agree with Oz and disco. Everything seems to be so upset with this....but if Marv does it on draft day by sticking to his board, it should be fine?

In other words, if Marv ranks the prospects like this:

Adrian Peterson

Patrick Willis

Michael Turner

POZ

Marshawn Lynch

Then at pick#12 when Peterson and Willis are gone, what's so wrong with picking Turner. Only "picking" him means that we swap our firsts with SD and maybe give up a third next year. We still have another first late in the round for someone like POZ, Rufus Alexander or Jon Beason to fall to us in the LB dept. and the rest of our picks this year to continue building the team through the draft like I agree we should.

As for him being 25 years old and already needing to be paid, yes these are downsides a bit but offset as another poster indicated by the fact that we have NFL film on the guy and we know he can play in this league. What if we reach for POZ or Lynch and they turn out to be Broderick Bunkley's, who half this board wanted us to pick last year??

I just agree that folks should not be surprised if this thing goes through...

Marv's a history buff and surely knows the saga of Lamont Jordan to the Raiders for a 1st round pick. The NFL is full of average RBs that accumulated very good stats because the players around him were so darn good. Just look at Denver's history with players at the RB position. The big gamble (getting Turner while giving up our 12 pick in the draft), is that Turner's only a great backup RB in San Diego's offense. That he ends up being just an average back in western NY. The gamble drops considerably if San Diego relents to getting a 2nd round pick for Turner.

I see the Bills vying to draft a potentially great Buffalo Bills "leader" with their first round selection. Turner doesn't fill that Bill, so to speak.

Marv's a history buff and surely knows the saga of Lamont Jordan to the Raiders for a 1st round pick. The NFL is full of average RBs that accumulated very good stats because the players around him were so darn good. Just look at Denver's history with players at the RB position. The big gamble (getting Turner while giving up our 12 pick in the draft), is that Turner's only a great backup RB in San Diego's offense. That he ends up being just an average back in western NY. The gamble drops considerably if San Diego relents to getting a 2nd round pick for Turner.

I see the Bills vying to draft a potentially great Buffalo Bills "leader" with their first round selection. Turner doesn't fill that Bill, so to speak.

Ummm, that's a great point, except for the fact that on a totally crappy team, missing at least two full games, the first year Jordan had 1600 yards from scrimmage and 70 receptions and 11 TDs. That's pretty terrific production.

San Diego must have thought enough of Turner to tender him the highest possible tender guaranteeing him 3.25 million. If they thought he was not a franchise type RB they would have tendered him for much less.

To make a statement that "The Bills are NOT going to trade away a 1st round pick THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR or ANY YEAR for Michael Turner" is ludicrious. None of us know what Marv and Jauron are thinking. Like the article in the Buffalo News stated, they may just be exploring every option.

Yes, however - I think this comes down to whether or not the Bills are interested in selecting a RB at #12. If so, then I see no problem trading for Turner. Turner's got the same potential as Lynch/Peterson - except he's averaging 6.0ypc in the NFL over 160 carries. It's as much a risk as a draft pick and he has no wear and tear.

If the Bills are not interested in taking a RB at #12 I suppose it's a different story. Generally speaking, I just don't think you get so many rumor leaks without significant conversations taking place. I really think this is going to happen.

Yes, however - I think this comes down to whether or not the Bills are interested in selecting a RB at #12. If so, then I see no problem trading for Turner. Turner's got the same potential as Lynch/Peterson - except he's averaging 6.0ypc in the NFL over 160 carries. It's as much a risk as a draft pick and he has no wear and tear.

If the Bills are not interested in taking a RB at #12 I suppose it's a different story. Generally speaking, I just don't think you get so many rumor leaks without significant conversations taking place. I really think this is going to happen.

Don't get hung up on the 6 yards per carry stat. He wasn't the starter and San Diego's offensive line and system are not the same as Buffalo's offensive line and system. Last season's yards per carry has no bearing on what his output will be for Buffalo as a first time NFL starter.

As for Peterson and Lynch, I feel they are BOTH better options than Turner. Peterson, the guy is greased lightning and hands down a better back than Turner. Lynch seems like he did it all...running, catching and blocking (Turner has yet to show any proficiency in catching the football). Plus it sounds like Lynch is a tough as nails player who has a real passion for the game. Turner? Um, he seemed pretty happy as a backup to LT...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've got a real bad feeling about Michael Turner's ability to be "The Man". Don't you dare give our 1st rounder for that guy Marv!

Don't get hung up on the 6 yards per carry stat. He wasn't the starter and San Diego's offensive line and system are not the same as Buffalo's offensive line and system. Last season's yards per carry has no bearing on what his output will be for Buffalo as a first time NFL starter.

As for Peterson and Lynch, I feel they are BOTH better options than Turner. Peterson, the guy is greased lightning and hands down a better back than Turner. Lynch seems like he did it all...running, catching and blocking (Turner has yet to show any proficiency in catching the football). Plus it sounds like Lynch is a tough as nails player who has a real passion for the game. Turner? Um, he seemed pretty happy as a backup to LT...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've got a real bad feeling about Michael Turner's ability to be "The Man". Don't you dare give our 1st rounder for that guy Marv!

me getting caught up with 6ypc is the same as you getting caught up by Lynch doing it against college defenses. they're both chances. i tend to like the guy that's already NFL adjusted and done nothing but prove he's able.

You have a source? Other then Madden 2007?