The Bills are assigning lockers to their team leaders.

This is kind of cool. I mean both our starting DEs can get together before the game and talk about certain plays and how they want to address the team before a game.

And for the rest of the week they don't talk at all, not even during positional meetings? :beer:

Not looking to really spread gossip but just before Buffalo cut WR Drew Haddad he was looking to invest in some property in Florida. I got a chance to talk to him on the phone and of course I hammered him on the state of affairs of Buffalo. He really expected to catch on and indicated that Reed was kind of impressed of being hollywood. Of course Haddad got cut and Reed got extended, so take it for what it's worth. I think that the Bills are looking for someone(s) who just bleeds football for their leadership roles.

Hang up the cell a second... Does Kelsay actually deserve to be named as one of the Bills team leaders at this point? I mean going beyond the mindless homerism and rabid optimism, does anybody but the most hard core Bills fan even know who the hades Kelsay is?

Your first question doesn't have anything to do with your second question. The players on the team sure know who Kelsay is, and that's really all that matters.

Game time is the most important time of the week. :beer:

In most locker rooms before a game, players have their own rituals. Most of these are private. Very little talking goes on ... or if it does, it's usually small talk while they get taped up. It's mostly about getting your mind right before the game.

I've seen guys put headphones on for 3 hours before a game and never utter a word. I've seen others take a nap in full pads, work out (never made sense to me), or just stare into nothing. I was always a headphones and music sorta guy. Never wanted to hear people talk to me until we got out on the field.

So I'm not sure the geography of the locker room will have the effect you think it will.

That may be correct about the geography of the lockers not having as big of an effect. It does signify who the leaders and voices are of the team and that will have an effect on the field for the game and also at practice.

I believe that the likes of Lawyer Milloy was primarily concerned about the money, and this may affected the outlook of others in the secondary like Winfield and Clements. I'm glad he's gone, he wasn't a leader but more of a me player. This kind of attitude rubs off to other players in a detrimental way.

The grouping of players who bonded well were Fletcher-Baker and Spikes. Although this pair were team football guys, they had their own ideas for the direction of this team. Unfortunately they weren't on the same path with the staff. As much as their abilities and age weren't as well suited for the defensive schemes, I think the potential division also played a part in their demise.

This new wave of Bills are youthful and full of energy. Contracts for the most part are out of the way. This core of young bucks are nothing but fired up about football and football only. It wouldn't surprise me if Whitner lands up with one of those lockers too. We are going to have a very good football team and for a long time also.

Your first question doesn't have anything to do with your second question. The players on the team sure know who Kelsay is, and that's really all that matters.

By the way, speaking of players' respect: how were these "captains" determined anyway? If the players chose the captains, then that's all good. But, for some reason I didn't take it that was the way it went down.

One of the pet puppets that kept getting paraded out around here last year about this time was "Whitner is a great, natural-born leader." If it's just a case of a hard on youth movement, fine. But, here's Whitner, now a "young veteran" and a high-profile pick/player who is touted as a natural leader. Why not him? (Of course, maybe he's going to be the 3rd or 4th captain as according to this thread.)