A nice dab of info from an Eagles Fan

I was reading over at the Eagles board that he takes plays off from time to time.....

Well....in a rotational system like the one we are going to use......he wont be taking plays off because he will be fresh.

What I am interesting in finding out is just what our rotation will be.....

You have Tripplett, Walker, and McCargo who can all play the 3 techniqe

Then you have Kyle Williams who plays the other DT postion

Somebody is going to have to move over

i thought I read somewhere this morning that its his wife that owns it, but that doesn't mean he still isn't smart and a part of it

hmmm, I quickly skimmed through it, he's VP of the company

Maybe his wife owns another engineering company then?

his wife owns it so they qualify as a minority firm for preferential bidding on contracts

I was reading over at the Eagles board that he takes plays off from time to time.....

Well....in a rotational system like the one we are going to use......he wont be taking plays off because he will be fresh.

What I am interesting in finding out is just what our rotation will be.....

You have Tripplett, Walker, and McCargo who can all play the 3 techniqe

Then you have Kyle Williams who plays the other DT postion

Somebody is going to have to move over

why?

Why is everyone hung up on always having a DT line up on the center?

It would seem to be effective to have both DTs line up in the gaps and force the OL to stop them from destroying the play in the backfield.

why?

Why is everyone hung up on always having a DT line up on the center?

It would seem to be effective to have both DTs line up in the gaps and force the OL to stop them from destroying the play in the backfield.

We are hung up on it because that's how you play the Cover-2 Defense. So says every cover-2 defense in the NFL.

McCargo is going to play 1-tech with Williams. That has to be the plan.

i thought I read somewhere this morning that its his wife that owns it, but that doesn't mean he still isn't smart and a part of it

hmmm, I quickly skimmed through it, he's VP of the company

Maybe his wife owns another engineering company then?

Many construction/engineering firms have ownership through the wife in order to qualify for women-owned and/or minority-owned status when bidding on public projects.

We are hung up on it because that's how you play the Cover-2 Defense. So says every cover-2 defense in the NFL.

McCargo is going to play 1-tech with Williams. That has to be the plan.

The main premise of the cover-2 is for the front 4 to disrupt the backfield.

Having a DT play on the nose doesn;t seem to be a requirement.

Actualy moving the DTs around based on the skill would give the advantage to the defense.

I would expect to a see any combination of DTs on the field over the course of a season.

I have to laugh at all of the nay sayers to Okoye when he weighed 285! Walker will be a fine addition and I think you are very right that the rotation of defensive linemen will make a big difference. I'm almost happy with the defensive line even without seeing them play, but still think Okoye is the catch of the draft. If he's available at 12 I can understand if we pass on him, but I'm hoping we don't. Someone is going to get the next Reggie or Warren with him. I fully understand the thinking that we :nana: have to get a running back and a linebacker and probably a corner before we can spend on another DT....