Walker of questionable character??

Darwin walker isn't a good run stopper. He is a good interior pass rusher. I really like the trade he adds great depth along the dline to tripplet the unproven McCargo and Kyle Williams. Interior pass rush is one of the basis of the cover 2 we didn't have much of that last year at all.

Darwin walker isn't a good run stopper. He is a good interior pass rusher. I really like the trade he adds great depth along the dline to tripplet the unproven McCargo and Kyle Williams. Interior pass rush is one of the basis of the cover 2 we didn't have much of that last year at all.

Definitely. And it's possible that his strengths were not fit for the kinds of things required of a DT in the Eagles scheme, but since he seems to be able to get through the line to the quarterback, that's what we want our DTs to do in the run game, too, get through the blocks and attack. Not saying he is going to be great against the run but it's quite possible he could be a little more effective playing half the game and going full out after the ball than how he was used on the Eagles.

Seems Iggle fans weren't too fond of Walker. Comments about his work ethic and his effectiveness against the run.

http://wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=22354

That was 1 fan, :( NEPHILLYMIKE said the opposite about him on the same link. I read a number of Philly posts. Most think he is a good guy in the locker room & community. He is a good penetrator, pass rusher, but does not hold up well against the run most believe. From what I read I think he will fit our defense much better than Phillys.

Most think he is a good guy in the locker room & community. He is a good penetrator, pass rusher, but does not hold up well against the run most believe. From what I read I think he will fit our defense much better than Phillys.

If he does not hold up well against the run, then you are right, he will fit in perfectly with our defense !

If he does not hold up well against the run, then you are right, he will fit in perfectly with our defense !
That was a great post, gave me a good laugh which I can always use right now. :( I meant to say he is not a stay at home DT like Big Sam Adams as I saw posted elseware on this board, He is a pennetrating type DT/DE which is the type of player Marv & Dick are looking for. :wallbash:

Walker is supposed to be a great guy on/off the field. As a bonus his wife went to the Wharton School of Business (see Donald Trump) and owns her own engineering firm.

Anyway, he'll be great in rotation with Triplett. They have our depth chart screwed up on the Bills site. As I understand it it should be Triplett & Walker at three-technique tackle and McCargo, Williams, and Anderson at nose tackle. Not sure about Jason Jefferson.

Seems Iggle fans weren't too fond of Walker. Comments about his work ethic and his effectiveness against the run.

http://wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=22354

any suggestion that darwin walker is of questionable character would have to come from a fan still bitter about their season who is just out there throwing around character questions. darwin walker is a total Marv guy. Very respected off the field, has his own construction company, is very bright, and will be a good influence on the younger guys.

He has a civil engineering degree and owns his own construction business.... I don't think we have to question his charecter.... He is the kind of guy who will know his role when he is out there and DO HIS JOB .... That's what Marv and Dick are looking for.... I like the signing!!