Vote for kerry and Paraplegics will walk again

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EB -- it's going to be a long three weeks around here.  Here's some advice: if there are people who get your blood boiling due to their bitter partisanship and lack of writing anything bordering on insightful (e.g., blzrul), just go to your profile and use the ignore feature.  It has made my time on PPP a lot more productive lately.

67883[/snapback]

Well, it is fun to see the desperation in the posts of the political hacks like blzrul, Rich In Ohio, tennesseeboy, and Captain America. The mind-numbing stupidity posted just by these four individuals is enough to keep me laughing all day.

George Bush is the country's Kryptonite.  No one is safe if he can kill Superman.

67889[/snapback]

Well, it looks like I can add another person to my list of idiots.

Yup, Bush is personally responsible for killing Christopher Reeve. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? :doh:

Well, it is fun to see the desperation in the posts of the political hacks like blzrul, Rich In Ohio, tennesseeboy, and Captain America. The mind-numbing stupidity posted just by these four individuals is enough to keep me laughing all day.

Based on the post before your reply, RCow has joined the list as well. The guy who can't keep a post below 250 words could only manage a pathetic little one liner about W being the cause for Reeves' death.

Wow, if only Chris reeves could have stayed alive until after the election. If kerry would have won, he would have been cured and his dream of walking would have been realized.

I think I have seen it all now, what a great idea to go after the cripple, maimed, and disabled vote. What’s next the autistic vote? Oh sorry I forgot they probably already have made arrangements for that. Something like have a van that goes around town and pickup Rainman and friends and take them to the polls, and then conveniently helps move their hands to the appropriate chad hole.

Just a question, but will these losers stop at nothing to try to get a vote. This is really unbelieveable.

here is his wacky quote:

Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa

67579[/snapback]

Having a vision for the future for those who suffer from debilitating diseases is funny subject to you huh? Must be nice living in your perfect world. Tell you what funny man, why don't you take some time out of your day and volunteer at your local Children's Hospital and tell some of those kids and their parents your vision.

Having a vision for the future for those who suffer from debilitating diseases is funny subject to you huh? Must be nice living in your perfect world. Tell you what funny man, why don't you take some time out of your day and volunteer at your local Children's Hospital and tell some of those kids and their parents your vision.

Maybe instead of politicizing the issue of embryonic stem cell research, which according to the libs has all the promise in the world despite the immense failures that have been associated with it, Kerry/Edwards should recognize that there are many other tracks being pursued which are more promising. One example:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3590739

Edwards should be ashamed of misdirecting the hopes of these families and children, but then again he is a trial attorney who has no shame and the only facts that matter in the medical arena are those that support his case.

If Edwards actually made these statements (I am not sure they are accurate, since I have only seen them on Drudge), then he is irresponsible and reckless. Just the fact that he is willing to capitalize on a person’s death for political gain is disgusting, but to give people false hope that by voting for Kerry you will be able to walk is shameful.

Well, it looks like I can add another person to my list of idiots.

Yup, Bush is personally responsible for killing Christopher Reeve. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  ;)

67903[/snapback]

He was joking. If you are going to have 20 posts you clearly do not know the personalities here so pleasse try to wait until you know a wee bit about a person before calling them an idiot.

Not saying that RCow is not an idiot. :doh: I just don't happen to think so.

If you are going to have 20 posts you clearly do not know the personalities here so pleasse try to wait until you know a wee bit about a person before calling them an idiot.

I'll take EB's 20 posts over most of RCow's 2400 posts any day. At least EB shows some sense of objectivity and can make his points in less than one screen.

Christopher Reeves was mentioned by John Kerry last week during debate #2 which of course you well-informed and open minded gentleman watched and dissected.

If everyone followed your logic and Bush's logic we'd be thinking horsedrawn carriages were riske'.

Conservatives are such frightened little people. Change is natural and can be good.  And if there were no explorers or people willing to push the envelope where would we all be?

Probably living in the shadows, afraid.  LIke in The Dark Ages.

A great Conservative Era come to think of it.  Imagine how people like you would have freaked out over the Renaissance.

67620[/snapback]

Yea, but what of the outrageous statements made by your candidate? Do you think its OK for a candidate to make such guarantees? This is the point, not weather or not one party or the other is right about stem cell research.

He was joking. If you are going to have 20 posts you clearly do not know the personalities here so pleasse try to wait until you know a wee bit about a person before calling them an idiot.

Not saying that RCow is not an idiot.  :doh: I just don't happen to think so.

67937[/snapback]

Just because I only have 20 posts, does not mean that I have not been lurking here for a while before registering.

Just because I only have 20 posts, does not mean that I have not been lurking here for a while before registering.

67949[/snapback]

Just keep it up and you may be considered one of the as-s-holes around here. :doh:

As far as Edwards goes, he is like a bad cheerleader. Kind of like watching the Bonnie cheerleaders in their moo-cow brown outfits.

67908[/snapback]

Wow are we being anal or what????? :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I am making a point about a candiate making an outrageous statement that "if kerry is elected president the cripple will walk again" Hey, did you catch that pal?? Please pay attention. It will allow you to stop making stupid statements.

Just for your information, I have a mentally handicapped younger brother who I have helped raise. I have a sister who suffers from spinal cord injury from a car accident.

I also Co-Chair our local Special Olympics program here in our county. I have also run a recreational non-profit softball program in the town I live in for over 14 years. Over 500 kids participate at no charge to their famles.

So with all due respect....kiss my ass

If Edwards actually made these statements (I am not sure they are accurate, since I have only seen them on Drudge), then he is irresponsible and reckless. Just the fact that he is willing to capitalize on a person’s death for political gain is disgusting, but to give people false hope that by voting for Kerry you will be able to walk is shameful.

67933[/snapback]

Can't mistake his own words pal. Watch the news (even the liberal elite news) is playing the clips. rather unbelievable that a candidate would say something like this but indeed he did.

I just wonder if he still has time to fire a staffer like his buddy johnny kerry. This seems to be thier M.O. when they say something stupid. Can you say sacrifical lambs.

EXAMPLE:

Today the federal government is still funding AIDS research ($1.6 BILLION) more than Cancer research ($1.5 BILLION).  This is despite the FACT that cancer kills  TWELVE TIMES more Americans Annually than AIDS.  Nothing better than political pandering taking the place of common sense.

67783[/snapback]

Actually, it's part of a brilliant idea of helping the world. AIDS is going to kill a lot of people worldwide (38 million people have it, and they WILL all eventually die of this disease). We should be leading the way in stopping it. Cancer has killed so many but we have made real progress on it nonetheless -- and considering there are so many varieties of cancer this is significant. But with AIDS it is important that we continue to consider ourselves part of the global community and in turn think about what we can do for the world, including Americans and those of other nations. People think this disease is going away because many American lives are prolonged and Magic Johnson is still kicking. But it isn't. And it has nothing to do with politics, unless you are one of the people who still thinks AIDS is a gay disease.

Actually, it's part of a brilliant idea of helping the world.  AIDS is going to kill a lot of people worldwide (38 million people have it, and they WILL all eventually die of this disease).  We should be leading the way in stopping it.  Cancer has killed so many but we have made real progress on it nonetheless -- and considering there are so many varieties of cancer this is significant.  But with AIDS it is important that we continue to consider ourselves part of the global community and in turn think about what we can do for the world, including Americans and those of other nations.  People think this disease is going away because many American lives are prolonged and Magic Johnson is still kicking.  But it isn't.  And it has nothing to do with politics, unless you are one of the people who still thinks AIDS is a gay disease.

68014[/snapback]

So we should lead the rest of the world now. You liberals are unreal. Lead the world in this, but get rid of evil dictators and we are the bad evil Americans. Make up your !@#$ing mind and be consistent.

Because that's the "gay cancer"?

AIDS doesn't discriminate.

And I added some to the previous post. (Edit feature is nice for when you forget a couple-few sentences.)

BTW, it's not like stem cell research breaks the bank. Federal funding in 2003 was about $17 million for embryonic stem cells, about $150 million for adult stem cells. I met someone whose cancer was beaten w/ ASC, who said the doctors were even more excited about what ESC could do for treatments. This is a drop in the  ocean for the govt, and for the research it produces, it's well worth it. The biggest part of Bush's directive, tho is just the physical place and equipment where researchers can do their testing. As it stands, if they get ANY federal funding for their other work, they have to literally set up and work in another lab to work on lines created after August 2001 -- the ones that weren't grown w/ mouse cells as starters.

67802[/snapback]

AIDS vs Cancer is simply an excellent case study in how government works. You're proving my point by making the argument political.

A million here, a million there. Pretty soon it adds up to real money. Everyone has a cause, yet everyone bitches like school children because their pet doesn't get the funding it deserves. Let's keep wondering why government spending is out of control while we're all under its overwhelming thumb, shall we?