Carr? Bills? why?

jri111

Carr will start somewhere next season. we would never give up what the texans want to trade for him as a backup. someone that would have him compete for the starting job will obviously give up more.

Obviously that narrows down the options.

It will be interesting to see what he can do behind a decent o-line.

Carr's cost will drop after the draft. Although, what if the Raiders take him and spend their first pick on Johnson? I still think with a better OL, Carr would be a decent QB. The Texans couldnt protect the guy. Carr will find another job im sure.

Carr's cost will drop after the draft. Although, what if the Raiders take him and spend their first pick on Johnson? I still think with a better OL, Carr would be a decent QB. The Texans couldnt protect the guy. Carr will find another job im sure.

Carr actually had a decent year for most of last year. I think he could do something behind a good oline and a new change in scenery. He's always had a shiity oline and no running game and one receiver. not a great recipe for success... The irony of going to the raiders, however.....

That's just a beat writer thinking he knows what teams have holes. He is still examining the Losman of 2005 and thinking, "hey the Bills don't have a qb, they might want in". No chance Carr comes here.

I think that's right. My only thought is if they know Holcomb is going to retire and want an experienced number 2, maybe they are a tad interested.... That's said though, it creates entirely too many problems to be legit. First, though I think Losman phsye would be OK, there's no reason to jepardize that. Second, Carr is going to want to go somewhere where he has a chane to start and that's not buffalo. Third, although he's not going to break the bank, he'll still get a decent salary, way more than the Bills should be willing to pay for a back-up.

It is interesting though. Although it almost for certain that its mere speculation about an uninformed national sports writer, it is pretty amazing how many national sports people still think Losman is not the answer. I can't wait until he becomes a top 10 QB this season behind that massive o-line!

I would hope he doesn't go to cleveland, at least then i can still maintain the illusion that Cleveland will take Quinn and Peterson will fall to us... If Cleveland picks up a FA QB, whoever it is, then that hope is pretty much dead in the water...

I would hope he doesn't go to cleveland, at least then i can still maintain the illusion that Cleveland will take Quinn and Peterson will fall to us... If Cleveland picks up a FA QB, whoever it is, then that hope is pretty much dead in the water...

Don't you think Detroit takes Quinn if Oakland is stupid enough to pass on him. Detroit NEEDS a QB...BADLY.

Oh...Matt Millen....that's right. Never mind.

Carr will start somewhere next season. It is pretty much laughable that anyone would think we are interested in him for any reason, considering that the trade bar is being set as "trading a starting QB".

It will be interesting to see what he can do behind a decent o-line.

Agreed. It is also ridiculous and, additionally, a little annoying because essentially it appears it is coming from lazy reporters who did not realize that JP Losman had a good season last year (especially in the 2nd half of the year) and are lumping Buffalo in with other teams with QB problems based upon there memories of, "JP = Bad QB."

:thumbsup:

I get so tired of this from national reporters. Please, some genius tell us again how bad our 06 draft was. :worthy:

The report sounds like total speculation that the Bills MIGHT be interested. I doubt they are, unless he comes for $1M a year and is willing to be a backup.

I agree it's a lazy or stupid report. Whether the reporter was thinking of Carr as a potential starter, or as a back-up to JP is really hard to know. He could be lazy or stupid on a number of levels.

Truth be told, the Bills really could use an experienced back-up (I don't expect Holcomb to be on the roster this year).

Don't you think Detroit takes Quinn if Oakland is stupid enough to pass on him. Detroit NEEDS a QB...BADLY.

Oh...Matt Millen....that's right. Never mind.

I don't think even Millen can pass up Quinn. I don't think Quinn is the second coming, but he is about as polished a player as exists out there in terms of NFL preparation and without a franchise QB Detroit can't hope to ever be anything than the place they play a Thanksgiving game.

Every time I see a Lions highlight, it magically seems like Wayne Fontes is still coaching them. That's how irrelevant they are.

I don't think even Millen can pass up Quinn. I don't think Quinn is the second coming, but he is about as polished a player as exists out there in terms of NFL preparation and without a franchise QB Detroit can't hope to ever be anything than the place they play a Thanksgiving game.

Every time I see a Lions highlight, it magically seems like Wayne Fontes is still coaching them. That's how irrelevant they are.

I've warned your type before:

NEVER doubt or question the incompetence of Matt Millen. He has EARNED your complete and blind trust in his ability to screw up ANY situation. (The mand could fu#k up a wet dream. :lol: )

Ahh...I bet Detroit misses the good old days of that wacky Wayne Fonts. <_<:thumbsup:

I've warned your type before:

NEVER doubt or question the incompetence of Matt Millen. He has EARNED your complete and blind trust in his ability to screw up ANY situation. (The mand could fu#k up a wet dream. :o )

Ahh...I bet Detroit misses the good old days of that wacky Wayne Fonts. <_<:thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

MILLEN BAD!

WAYNE FONTES GOOD!

I think whoe ever signs Carr will get a good young QB. Houston let him play and learn as a young QB then they gave up. I think in the right system and under the right coach he will be very good. As far as the blls signing him I doubt that would happen but we do need a solid back up and if JP beat out Carr in traing camp then we would have just that. Nall blows.

I think whoe ever signs Carr will get a good young QB. Houston let him play and learn as a young QB then they gave up. I think in the right system and under the right coach he will be very good. As far as the blls signing him I doubt that would happen but we do need a solid back up and if JP beat out Carr in traing camp then we would have just that. Nall blows.

I'm not sure if Nall blows (I've seen so little of his play), but I'm not comfortable with him as our #2. I always like to have some experience on the bench at QB.

I'm not sure if Nall blows (I've seen so little of his play), but I'm not comfortable with him as our #2. I always like to have some experience on the bench at QB.

Marv has said before that he likes to have the players compete. I would love to see him here. I think he's got the skills to be successful in the NFL, but he's been stuck on a bad team. He would definitely push JP. Unfortunately I don't see him coming here. I see him in Oakland where he can start right away and that'll allow them to draft Calvin Johnson.