Double Trade Down If AP's there--

Astrobot

If AP's there, I think we should offer him up in a double trade-down for an extra 2nd and 3rd Rounder. Here's why:

The Packers give Buffalo their pick at #16 in addition to their second-round pick (#47).

Then

The Giants give Buffalo their pick at #20 in addition to their third-round pick (#81).

You then have these options at each pick (according to Draft Tek Mock) here

20. Players Available: Revis-Houston-Ross CB, Willis ILB, Jarrett-Ginn WR

43. Players Available: Leonard RB, Blaylock OG, Siler ILB, Spencer DE,

47. Players Available: Gonzalez WR, Wade-Irons CB , Tank Tyler DT, Harris ILB, Ramirez OG

74. Players Available: Hunt RB, AJ Davis CB, Rufus Alexander OLB, Buster Davis ILB,

81. Players Available: Tim Shaw ILB, HB Blades ILB , Scott Chandler TE

92. Players Available: Marshall Yanda OG, Justin Durant ILB, Fred Bennett CB

107.Players Available: Paul Williams WR, Josh Beekman OG, Chris Davis WR, Doug Datish OC,

How's This?

20. Willis ILB

43. Leonard RB

47. Wade CB

74. Rufus Alexander OLB

81. Scott Chandler TE

92. Fred Bennett CB

107.Doug Datish OC

I would crap my pants with joy if this were to happen! We would be STACKED!!

i think i would quit being a Bills fan if they had Peterson sitting in front of them when their turn came around at #12, and instead decided to trade the pick away. i love the thought of Okoye, would be happy with Willis, could deal with trading down in most scenarios to secure extra draft picks. however, i do not do any of those things if Peterson is on the board when they pick.

it's alotta fun to dream up different fantasy scenarios when it comes to trading in the draft. if they trade down enough times, they could own 20 picks. the Bills have plenty of needs, but no matter how picks they own in this year's draft, not all of those players will be ready to contribute right away.

forget about Peterson being injury prone. his legs, knees, ankles (one ankle sprain) and feet have never been a problem -- i'd be concerned if his lower body was a problem, but that isn't the case. Peterson's pro day focused on running routes and catching passes, and he looked great, so don't go with the argument that he can't catch. and RB is the one position that has the smallest learning curve of all coming out of college. after Peterson, no RB in this draft compares, not Lynch, not any of the 2nd/3rd round possibilities. why would you pass on a franchise RB who can start right away?

the Bills don't NEED a MLB. Crowell will do very well if he stays there all year. by taking Peterson, the Bills could still take the best LB with one of their next 3 picks, whether inside or outside.

the Bills would be crazy to let Peterson go if he fell into their laps at #12. they will still have plenty of options to fill other needs with the rest of their 3 1st day picks.