A RB in Every Round:

Astrobot

With all the talk recently about 2-back sets and surveying the RB position throughout the league, I'm not a big believer in selecting a RB in the first. I wouldn't be totally disappointed with a first round RB, but there are plenty of options available and this thread clearly indicates that.

Irons, Pittman, B. Jackson, Hunt, and others provide a pretty good option that won't go in the first. Last season Addai was a late first round pick, Jones-Drew went late in the second and if I'm correct, Larry Johnson went after everyone's favorite back in 2003. You don't need to use a top-15 pick on RB, unless it's an LT or Reggie Bush type, and there's no one like that this season. Then again, there's Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams who are more underwhelming even though they were selected top-5.

I'd rather the 12th pick be used for an instant impact type player on defense that isn't a CB. Then again, the Bills will decide what to do with the pick. If they were able to find someone to trade with, going LB in Round 1 late, picking up a second and using that pick on a RB would be excellent. Of course, who's to say they're going to trade.

Man, Kenny Irons has us written all over him...in the 2nd!

I just think that is our man.

Late

Living in Fla, being a huge SEC fan ( Gators of course ) , and having watched Kenny Irons play in many games, I am with you 100%. Irons is the back I would like to see in a Bills uniform over any other.

I think there are multiple reasons to take Pittman. First, he'll be available in the 2nd, if not the 3rd. Second, he's got some room to grow into his frame. Third, he comes from a large program. Now, of those three reasons, the least important is the last. Just playing in a big program doesn't equate into NFL success. But at least he's got experience in big games (e.g. Michigan each season) His downside is a lack of contribution to the passing game.

I like Brandon Jackson as well, perhaps in the early second. Depends on how whether or not the Bills would like to use their 2nd on a RB. He's ahead of Pittman in the strength category but hasn't carried the load at Nebraska. Still, an intriguing pick.

Because he doesn;t have breakaway speed, I can't see jackson going before 3rd / 4th round area.

There is a chance one of the tier 2 guys like Pittman, Irons or Hunt may fall to the Bills in the 3rd.

Bills should be able to wait unil the 3rd, and take who is left

Jackson would be a good fit in a committee.

I'm out on Leonard. he dropped 11 lbs. and is trying to enter the draft as a RB. They made him a FB in college, he should keep the weight and try to be the best FB in this year's draft. I'm all for Jackson. he played in a rotation and did fine. The only concern would be if we should use our 2nd rder on him.