If Branch,Peterson,Okoye and Willis are there at 12?

freester

Puz is good, but he's not Willis. and doesnt he play OLB?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4669 i read today right on bbi that angelo crowell is the odds on favorite to be the middle linebacker.so why is it a need to draft a inside linebacker?we may only need a olb.and paul does fit that bill perfectly.he wears shane conlans old # and he is from penn state.before last season he was winning those awards that patrick got this season.

I would take Peterson..but WTF do I know... this guy has the potential to be great I don't think we can pass that up. If our O line continues to improve over the four or five years this guy could really tear it up. I think some of the other need that we have can be met in the 2nd round and beyond. I would not let a guy like AP slip by....just my 2 cents (I usually get change back)...

Go Bills!

I agree, they would have to be foolish not to take Peterson if he is still on the board. We know that running back and linebacker are a position of need, but running back is a much higher impact position than linebacker. Wouldn't you take the best running back in the draft over the best linebacker. He very well could be the next LT. Many would argue what Willis could be the next Urlacher. Considering that all draft picks are a gamble to a certain extent, don't you roll the dice with the running back.
The Bills were able to draft Thurman Thomas in the 2nd round because he was comming off an injury, even though he had 1st round talent. To draft Peterson at 12 or higher after 2 injury plaged years to me is crazy, no matter how talented he is. I doubt he will ever compare to Thurman even if he stays healthy, but who can say he won't be injured the next two years or even more. The average career for a running back now is 5 years and this includes all the backs who come into the league injury free. The average career for a LB is 10 years. My choice would be the next Urlacher for 10 years over the next Edgeron James ( no way is Peterson the next LT ) for 5 years ( if that ).

think about it, we got 5-6 possible starters out of last years draft. if we can get 3-4 out of this years, combined with the fact that we have ZERO starters becoming UFAs next year... THEN we can package some picks together and trade up and get our playmaker.

Hey if we do that, I don't care who we take. That would go a long way to building a franchise.

OK, I change my mind. I'd like the potential playmaker, but after deliberation, I'd prefer the group of franchise builders.

Or both?? (spoken by a true fan, not a realist).

This is a really tough choice. Peterson is the first off my survivor draft island in this scenario--its just too much to invest for an back who has a tendency to get injured and this draft's pool of running backs is pretty deep.

Willis is the next to go..I think we are serviceable at LB right now, particularly if we upgrade the nose tackle position..I am okay with Spikes (SLB); Crowell (MLB); Ellison (WLB) with Haggan, Stamer for goal line and then a couple of draftees -- one at strong/Mlb and one at WLB in in the draft later.

Okoye--He is not as finished a product as Branch right now--he is more of a 3 than a nose--we are okay at 3 with Tripplett and Williams.

Branch...you can't teach big and quick; they also say he is lazy and has a "low motor" at times...I think this coaching staff -- with Jauron's steady hand and laid back style and Fewell and Kollar's passion and teaching can get the most out of him. If we want to get better against the run--we have to have a great rotation at the nose--McCargo and Branch have the potential to be a pair to build on...

Branch...really tough choice though...I would be happy with Okoye, Willis or Branch...

As for Hall--corner is pretty deep in this draft--we can get a player who will do well in cover 2 in round 3....Hughes from Cal who is slow (4.6) but had 8 INT's last year--could be a Bill.

We don't really play with a classic nose tackle, that is a position you usually see in a 3-4.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with any of those guys, except maybe Hall. As for the other three, whatever Marv and Dick think is best. I would lean towards Okoye as I think he has the best chance to be a real difference maker.