(OT) With all these old TV shows coming out on DVD

envirojeff

I'm trying to find "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" for my kids with no luck. I never really watched Wings, but Seinfeld is one of my all time favorites. Just watched the "No Soup for You" the other day.

Believe it or not, there is a web-site devoted to televison shows on dvd. It is pretty informative, with lists of everything available, and upcoming release dates. I found it while trying to find the origianal "Kung Fu" series on dvd.

The address is, cleverly enough:

www.tvshowsondvd.com

Believe it or not, there is a web-site devoted to televison shows on dvd.  It is pretty informative, with lists of everything available, and upcoming release dates.  I found it while trying to find the origianal "Kung Fu" series on dvd.

The address is, cleverly enough:

www.tvshowsondvd.com

67165[/snapback]

As an aside... There's a huge sale at Amazon on some TV series on DVD... They have the first year of: 24, Buffy, simpsons, Futurama, Roswell, Angel, & King of the Hill... All are $14.99... Regularly up to $59.99...

More info here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messagevie...y&keyword1=simp

Way back in the day when i was a kid there was this movie ive been trying to remember the name. Maybe someone can help. Basically it was a comedy that had teams (blue,Red,yellow etc...) one team was nerds and they have to go through the city for clues to win the game. Anyone know what im refering to??

Way back in the day when i was a kid there was this movie ive been trying to remember the name. Maybe someone can help. Basically it was a comedy that had teams (blue,Red,yellow etc...) one team was nerds and they have to go through the city for clues to win the game. Anyone know what im refering to??

67301[/snapback]

Midnight Madness. Haven't seen that movie in years, but remember it being pretty funny. I remember the jock group thinking they had died and gone to heaven when they went to the Pabst brewery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081159/

I'm trying to find "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" for my kids with no luck.  I never really watched Wings, but Seinfeld is one of my all time favorites.  Just watched the "No Soup for You" the other day.

67154[/snapback]

I'm a member of that TV Shows On DVD site and if you want to see a series on disc someday, you better hope there is a demand out there for it. Otherwise, it may never see the light of day.

But then you can always join the "I Want" list if you register at this site. I've heard that three shows made it to DVD solely because of this site. That may not say anything because there are hundreds of titles people want from there.

Just register and join the community and you may have that show someday.

BTW, I have seen some episodes on DVD so far in some mail order catalogs but none were for complete season sets. I've also seen several episodes and there were OK but I had no idea that series was on for 7 seasons!

I'm a member of that TV Shows On DVD site and if you want to see a series on disc someday, you better hope there is a demand out there for it.   Otherwise, it may never see the light of day. 

But then you can always join the "I Want" list if you register at this site.   I've heard that three shows made it to DVD solely because of this site.   That may not say anything because there are hundreds of titles people want from there. 

Just register and join the community and you may have that show someday.  

BTW, I have seen some episodes on DVD so far in some mail order catalogs but none were for complete season sets.   I've also seen several episodes and there were OK but I had no idea that series was on for 7 seasons!

67351[/snapback]

Yeah, I've registered and voted for it. Do you know the 3 shows that made it to DVD because of the site? By the way, I've seen DVD sets (91 episodes) on sale on ebay, which must be home-made, right? Is that legal to buy? What would the quality be like?

How about Wiseguy with Ken Wahl from 1987. If you like the Sopranos, you'd like this show.

I see Barney Miller, Season 1, is coming out.

I like the 1971 show The Persuaders, with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis. 24 episodes. Also like Roger Moore as Simon Templer in " The Saint " . These shows were prior to Moore replacing Sean Connery as James Bond.