Israel Think Tank calls Iraq a distraction

TPS

Analysis

And another interesting conclusion:

"In other findings, Jaffee Center experts disagreed with the Israeli government's statements that its four-year struggle against Palestinian militants is part of the world fight against Islamic terrorism."

So when this war was all about Israel it didn't matter but now you use them. I guess if you search long enough you will find an answer you like. Kind of like a 5 year old at a family reunion. Keep asking someone until you get the answer you want. Real mature.

So when this war was all about Israel it didn't matter but now you use them.  I guess if you search long enough you will find an answer you like.  Kind of like a 5 year old at a family reunion.  Keep asking someone until you get the answer you want.  Real mature.

67032[/snapback]

My other thread is about the relationship between the Neocons and the hardliners in Israel currently in power. To say that all Israelis support Sharon is equivalent to saying all Americans support Bush. Also, I did not say this war was ALL about Israel.

My other thread is about the relationship between the Neocons and the hardliners in Israel currently in power.  To say that all Israelis support Sharon is equivalent to saying all Americans support Bush.  Also, I did not say this war was ALL about Israel.

67161[/snapback]

But you and other have implied it is about Israel and Oil (Haliburton).

But you and other have implied it is about Israel and Oil (Haliburton).

67172[/snapback]

Yes. And it's also about the (stated) Neocon goal of reestablishing "American Empire." Their PNAC document stated they were interested in regime change in Iraq even before Bush got elected.

PNAC

Oil is bigger than Haliburton. there's an interesting new book out on how the US military is increasingly being used to protect global oil.

Oil wars

Yes.  And it's also about the (stated) Neocon goal of reestablishing "American Empire." Their PNAC document stated they were interested in regime change in Iraq even before Bush got elected.

PNAC

Oil is bigger than Haliburton.  there's an interesting new book out on how the US military is increasingly being used to protect global oil. 

Oil wars

67285[/snapback]

That only makes sense, as our economy is a house of cards and oil is the table it balances on. A good portion of the success of the 90's economy can be directly attributed to the flattening of global oil prices.

Of course, liberals like to pretend it was the brilliance of the executive branch. Fantasy is fun.

That only makes sense, as our economy is a house of cards and oil is the table it balances on.  A good portion of the success of the 90's economy can be directly attributed to the flattening of global oil prices.

Of course, liberals like to pretend it was the brilliance of the executive branch.  Fantasy is fun.

67290[/snapback]

Yeah, waht Derwood said. Oil isn't just in the cars. It's in nearly every imaginable facet of your life. That's why I get really p**d when people insist that US be nice to its European friends, when the European friends have been getting a free ride on our back for generations, and now want a freer ride.

People can talk about independence from oil all they want, but the reality is, there's nothing in the near-intermediate term that can replace the oil.