What if Okoye, Peterson, Branch, Hall, Lynch, Ginn, Willis are availab

I was talking about Whitner and Simpson. People like Kyle Williams are nothing more then a rotational DT with average skills at best. To be a Pro Bowl Player you have to be the in the top 2-3 players at your position. Please don't tell me Williams and Ellison are Pro Bowl Potential players

I'm gonna ignore your please & tell you that both Williams & Ellison are Pro Bowl Potential players.......as is every young player that has not reached their full potential yet.....that includes our 1st round picks Whitner & McCargo.....our 4th round pick Simpson.....even our 5th & 6th round picks Williams, Butler & Ellison.

There is obviously more chance that Whitner makes the probowl than Ellison.....but at this point how can anybody(you included) say that these(or any other) young guys won't become the next Zack Thomas, Jason Peters or John Randle? :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're correct, who was his competition again...............Troy (ouch my hamstring) Vincent.

I agree that Whitner turned out to be a very good pick and yes a definitely capable starter in the secondary as a rookie.

While he made some nice plays, he also seemed to miss some big plays, including some missed tackles and often got beat by big fast TE's like Watson. So while I agree with your comment and I think Whitner is only going to get better and did quite well for a rookie, I'm looking to see him step it up a notch before I'm 100% sold on his playmaking ability. Don't forget in the Tampa 2 Defense, its designed to not give up big plays so while he and Ko did a nice job of that, they still need to improve on the underneath routes and the solid tackling (AKA Antoine Winfield). I think they will both do that as they continue to get better, just have to wait and see.

If they draft another player in the 1st round that proves to be a very capable starter as a rookie, that's a damn good return for a rookie S. There's no getting around that fact.

You're about as funny as the picture next to your name. Kyle Williams a Pro Bowl DT and Keith Ellison a Pro Bowl LB...............yup I can see that. :D

I just want to let you know that Kevin Everett is a Potential Pro Bowl player too because he just had injuries and is fully healthy now so since he hasn't reached his "potential" yet, he is due to break out.

Oh, and Josh Reed improved at the end of last year and should be reaching his prime so he is Pro Bowl Potential too.

While I'm at it, I would also like to nominate Butler as the next big dominating RT for years to come and he's on his way to Hawaii in a few years when he too reaches his full potential.

Thanks for the feedback. :wallbash:

I'm gonna ignore your please & tell you that both Williams & Ellison are Pro Bowl Potential players.......as is every young player that has not reached their full potential yet.....that includes our 1st round picks Whitner & McCargo.....our 4th round pick Simpson.....even our 5th & 6th round picks Williams, Butler & Ellison.

There is obviously more chance that Whitner makes the probowl than Ellison.....but at this point how can anybody(you included) say that these(or any other) young guys won't become the next Zack Thomas, Jason Peters or John Randle? :D

You're about as funny as the picture next to your name. Kyle Williams a Pro Bowl DT and Keith Ellison a Pro Bowl LB...............yup I can see that. :D

I just want to let you know that Kevin Everett is a Potential Pro Bowl player too because he just had injuries and is fully healthy now so since he hasn't reached his "potential" yet, he is due to break out.

Oh, and Josh Reed improved at the end of last year and should be reaching his prime so he is Pro Bowl Potential too.

While I'm at it, I would also like to nominate Butler as the next big dominating RT for years to come and he's on his way to Hawaii in a few years when he too reaches his full potential.

Thanks for the feedback. :wallbash:

You have problems following simple concepts.

I never said these guys will make a probowl.....I even said Whitner would obviously have more of a chance. What I pointed out was that you said these guys won't make a probowl. (humorously after saying it's too early to tell how good they will be)

.....& again YES......Everett is a potential Pro Bowl player. It is possible that he comes on & by the end of his career makes a pro bowl.

POTENTIAL (meaning #2)

:D and what possible reason is there to think it impossible that Butler improves & develops into a probowl player. Again, not likely......but totally possible.

How is it possible that this is an argument?????

I have "potential" to be President of the United States some day but its not likely that will happen, even though its totally possible. You might want to refer to the exact definition of "potential" in your little dictionary to confirm this statement.

I never said these guys will make a probowl.....I even said Whitner would obviously have more of a chance. What I pointed out was that you said these guys won't make a probowl. (humorously after saying it's too early to tell how good they will be)

.....& again YES......Everett is a potential Pro Bowl player. It is possible that he comes on & by the end of his career makes a pro bowl.

POTENTIAL (meaning #2)

:D and what possible reason is there to think it impossible that Butler improves & develops into a probowl player. Again, not likely......but totally possible.

I have "potential" to be President of the United States some day but its not likely that will happen, even though its totally possible. You might want to refer to the exact definition of "potential" in your little dictionary to confirm this statement.

You not being President is due primarily to the fact that you don't really want to be President. If you did, you could certainly take the appropriate steps and direct your life in such a way that you'd have a very real possibility of realizing that dream.

I would argue that these guys playing in the NFL have done the same thing. It has always been their dream to play in the NFL, so they've done everything they can to realize that dream. Now if they want to make the probowl all they have to do is work to achieve that goal. I'm not implying that they will make the probowl, but its certainly a possibility.

Even if he has peaked, there's no guarantee that Quinn or Russell would be any better than he was last year. There have been plenty of qb's taken in the first round that have been complete busts. I don't think there's any way they take a qb in the 1st round when there are far more pressing needs at lb, dt and rb.

Which isn't really what I was arguing, but that's ok.

The point (again) is that if (a big if) Bills end up taking Russell or Quinn in the draft (highly unlikely), would be an indication that notwithstanding the risks those two players have in becoming effective NFL starters, the coaches believe that they can go no further with JP. I would not argue with that.

POTENTIAL (meaning #2)

:nana: and what possible reason is there to think it impossible that Butler improves & develops into a probowl player. Again, not likely......but totally possible.

It's not an argument. Your point is completely clear and rational. That is the problem.