Doesnt look like Nick Harper is coming to Buffalo

gflande1

Chris Brown (bb.com) said in his blog today:

NICK HARPER DONE VISITING: Colts free agent CB Nick Harper is done making free agent visits, having not made a trip to Buffalo. The 31-year old cornerback likely does not fit the age profile of free agents that the Bills typically pursue, and injuries began to catch up with him last season. In most cases Buffalo doesn't look at many free agents over the age of 28. Jason Whittle was an exception this offseason.

Oh well...it was a nice idea

I agree, we should keep Thomas, even if its just for continuity.

Because of his age and recent injuries, I wasnt completely sold on Harper anyways, however I am surprised in the non-existant hunt for a CB, LB, and DT in free agency. Guess Marv and Dick are comfortable with filling those needs with existing players or through the draft.

I agree, we should keep Thomas, even if its just for continuity.

Because of his age and recent injuries, I wasnt completely sold on Harper anyways, however I am surprised in the non-existant hunt for a CB, LB, and DT in free agency. Guess Marv and Dick are comfortable with filling those needs with existing players or through the draft.

i dont mind them filling the LB and DT upgrades thru the draft, but the fact that we only have 3 CBs right now... do we take 2 in the draft?

i dont mind them filling the LB and DT upgrades thru the draft, but the fact that we only have 3 CBs right now... do we take 2 in the draft?

Harper would have been a stop gap anyway, but would have brought some veteran leadership to our very young backfield.

Guess we will see...in Marv we trust!

Oh Darn I will lose a lot of sleep after missing out on a 30+ year old corner on the downside of his career, who's probably no better then what we currently have. Re-sign Kiwaukee Thomas, and hope youboty develops. Those OSU corners have turned out good for us in the past. :pirate:

who cares about Nick Harper, he's old and gets injured alot.

EXACTLY. K Thomas and Harper are essentially the same, Id say Thomas has more of a mean streak but maybe not as nimble. That being said, ink KT to a one year deal and start getting ready for the draft.

Im glad someone else feels the same way about harper. In all likelihood Youboty will turn out to be better and sooner (id say by 08) rather than later.