A-Train Re-Signed

Now that Anthony Thomas has Re-Signed with the Bills, I don't think we should sign Chris Brown or any other RB's at this point, I think the Titans need his service more than we do. I say we should Draft a Running Back to compliment the A-Train, I don't think there would be any running back controversy between that since reported Anthony Thomas signed a multi-year deal

Now that Anthony Thomas has Re-Signed with the Bills, I don't think we should sign Chris Brown or any other RB's at this point, I think the Titans need his service more than we do. I say we should Draft a Running Back to compliment the A-Train, I don't think there would be any running back controversy between that since reported Anthony Thomas signed a multi-year deal

I have to agree. Re-signing A-Train was a major plus. Let's hope Chris Brown signs with Cleveland. Adrian Peterson hopefully will fall to us. Rather then draft him trade down and pick up another second and use the two seconds to get back into the first. There will still be other backs avl in the third. I think A-Train can be a feature back. Heck he has only played what about 5 seasons?

2 years thats it? i figured atleaste 4 years since he's been in the league for like 6 seasons, but 2 years what the hell Im not the GM

I guess its pretty simple...play hard, show us what you got and you will be rewarded. Too bad this is the exception rather than the rule.

i could see A-Train used as the smaller, more shifty back, and maybe Hunt as the power back to hammer through the lines. we also have the Fred Jackson guy who might be an unexpected highlight if he comes into his own.

2 years should be perfect, plus, if hes ends up being our feature back it's not like the cant extend him after that.

A-train is called that for a reason, and that reason has nothing to do with shiftiness. Rarely are 6 foot tall 230lb rbs the shifty type.

If we sign chris brown then that will basically ensure that we will only draft a RB if hes the right guy in teh right spot for us, freeing marv and co. up to draft other positions. If we do draft a RB(which I hope we do whether or not we sign brown) then we'll be stacked in the backfield, essentially negating the loss of McGahee.

The point being that even though this move was expected, it provides another key piece of our depth chart.

Contrary to popular opinion on this board, i agree 100% It seems like many people want us to get Chris Brown so that he, Thomas and a 1st day draft pick could share carries. To me this is stupid for multiple reasons:

1st and foremost: money. why spend the money on another back now that you have a capable back-up or 1a back. I doubt chris brown will come cheap. He won't come expensive, but not cheap either. Use the money on a vertern DB (i.e. resigning Kawaikee Thomas) instead.

2nd. Logistics. Teams generally only have 3 RB's on a 52-man roster (not including FB's). If the Bills were really planning on bringing in two vets AND a rookie, that leaves Shaud Williams and Fred Jackson without roster spots. Though they are not studs, recent events (i.e. Shaud's two year deal) and comments (Levy mentioning how high the coaching staff is about jackson) suggest that the want to keep the two, or atleast give them a chance to compete for a roster spot. A-train's and Browns contracts would definitley be higher than either one and most likely would be more expansive to cut this year than keep (probably- almost all contracts now aday have SOME guranantee money) In addition, both Williams and Jackson are small and fast and would fit well in the third-down/passing down RB. A-train is a between the tackle pounder, he would not be a good fit here.

3rd. Restricts draft flexibility. If the Bills sign brown to a multi-year/mid $ contract they're pretty much conceding the fact that they're not going to take a RB in round one. That's fine, i personally don't want them to. BUT IF Peterson drops for some reason (either to 12 or to a position the Bills can reach him by jumping a few spots), then they'll be in a predictament. If they take him that'll ensure that they have three RB's on the roster making over $1 million this year. That's alot of money for one positions, especially since money was one of the reasons for getting Willis out of here. By getting Brown you take away some of your flexibility. IF you don't get him and just commit yourself to getting a RB on day one, then you can afford to be flexible. If something surprising happens, you'll be ready for it.

All-n-all I'm glad we got A-train back. He's a good worker who understands his role on the team and will always give you 100%. I cant wait for the draft to see who we will add to the backfield with him!

I guess its pretty simple...play hard, show us what you got and you will be rewarded. Too bad this is the exception rather than the rule.

Team guy money... two million a year is Josh Reed, Peerless Price, Coy Wire, Robert Royal money. Not lead tailback money.

Before the Dockery-Walker signings this was known as " the Marv" standard contract. Not sweet, not sweet at all.

2 years should be perfect, plus, if hes ends up being our feature back it's not like the cant extend him after that.

A-train is called that for a reason, and that reason has nothing to do with shiftiness. Rarely are 6 foot tall 230lb rbs the shifty type.

If we sign chris brown then that will basically ensure that we will only draft a RB if hes the right guy in teh right spot for us, freeing marv and co. up to draft other positions. If we do draft a RB(which I hope we do whether or not we sign brown) then we'll be stacked in the backfield, essentially negating the loss of McGahee.

The point being that even though this move was expected, it provides another key piece of our depth chart.

my bad, i meant it the other way around. lol

Fred Jackson is not making this team!!

I love that fact that I was the only one who was calling for Thomas to comeback and be our #1 RB.

Fred Jackson, the Coe College Flash, the Sioux City Bandit, is closer to leading the team in rushing than anyone realizes. Marv told us that he wanted to upgrade the offensive line and it happened. Marv said that he and the staff were high on Jackson... you gotta' believe it could happen.

I love that fact that I was the only one who was REALLY calling for Thomas to comeback and be our #1 RB. It's nice to see that I'm not alone. About Brown. He might be a good backup but he's not a starting RB anymore.

You talk about him like hes dead, the guy is 26 or 27 years old with less than 1000 NFL carries under his belt.

Minor injuries have given him a reputation, maybe deservedly so, maybe not.

If we sign him I say , "good", but if we dont thatll be ok too. If we do it that just means that its one thing that we wont be forced to focus on in the draft. Carrying 3 backs making a million for a year or two wouldnt be so bad, but if we pick a back in the 3rd or possibly even the 2nd, his cap charge for the first 2 years of his contract will likely be under or just around a million.