Why not Chris Brown?

What is the reason that we have not signed Brown? I'm not saying that he is that great but I think he has proven to be a decent back in the NFL. I would like to see them sign him to a reasonable contract and also draft a running back. Do you think the problem is the contract or Marv just does not want him.......

Who knows, I think we all just want a signing so theres some assurance that we arent stuck with Shaud Williams getting any significant carries next year.

Let's not forget, we still have DJs boy, Anthony Thomas. :devil:

You can find a better back in the mid rounds than Chris Brown. Except for the very top level of running backs (maybe three or four backs) they have become a dime a dozen.

Exactly what are you basing this statement on. Its not easy to find backs who average 5 ypc anywhere, let alone rounds 3-7.

For a bargain we could have a guy who is somewhat proven, only really needs to show he can stay healthy. Id rather roll the dice on a guy being healthy than a guy being good.

but thats just me

I don't see Marv trading Willis without a serious plan to find a full time back. It seems every team except Atlanta has enough of a running game to pass on AP, so maybe our extra 3rd rounder could get us above them. Or trade for Ladel Betts?

I don't see Atlanta going RB at all in the 1st round. In fact, trying to project the top 10, to me they are one of the easiest because they need safety help so bad (pretty much every team that has Lawyer Milloy realizes how bad he is and drafts a safety the next year...) so I think they are a lock to pick Laron Landry.

People think just because Cleveland picked up Jamal Lewis that they are not going to draft Peterson but that is a joke. They gave Lewis a 1 year contract and have no other solution when that expires.

Also, Ahman Green is 30 and not the long term solution for the Texans, so even if Peterson gets past the Browns he won't get past the Texans. They will pick him for sure after the Reggie Bush fiasco last year.

As for trading for Ladel Betts, that sounds good at the right price. He'd be a perfect fit for the system in my opinion but I wouldn't want to give up too much for him.