Another Aggressive move by New England

Terrence McGee is going to get smoked badly and oftent this season.

Buffalo's pass defense will be close to dead last.

Oh wait, I forgot about the dynamite signing of Chris Kelsay, our pass D is saved.

You're not supposed to be negative around here. Haven't you heard? Marv and Dick have a plan.

I call it, "Fun with Dick and Marv." The 2007 Off-season brought to you by Ralph Wilson. Coming to a football stadium near you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was just explaining why there was no link. I know as well as anyone that "I heard it on sports radio" reports are almost never true.

Stallworth has his issues (injuries, substance abuse), which is why teams were likely reluctant to commit to him long term, but to pretend he's not a talented guy who gives the Patriots something they don't have (a deep threat) is absurd.

Who? Dillon?

Stallworth was trash in NO... Made medicore in philly(on par with Josh Reed's best season), heck Peerless price has a better track record than stallworth. Overpaid for welker (IMO) (should have kept troy brown for cheap...same type WR)

HD: Stallworth has talent to be sure. But that's not enough. As has been mentioned, he has attitude, injury, and substance abuse problems. There have been players with as many issues who have gotten big money deals in the recent past. Hell, Welker got almost 3 times as much guaranteed money as Stallworth, and the Pats traded picks away for him as well. So I wouldn't exactly call him a coveted FA WR, much less the top FA WR. Again the Pats taking-on a player like this is something that goes against what they've done in the past.

As for having a much better roster than last year, debatable at best. Thomas may or may not prove to be all he is advertised, but the track record of Ravens defenders after they leave Baltimore is pretty well-established, and Rosey Colvin hasn't come close to duplicating what he did with the Bears. And the trade-off of Dillon for Morris (a player similar to Faulk), Troy Brown for Welker, and Graham for no one isn't exactly scary. Add to that Vrabel, Bruschi, and Harrison aging rapidly...

Oh and the Pats were just as close, if not closer, to losing in the 2nd round (again) than they were to going to the SB (again). No more Marty to kick around, though and it looks like the Broncos are making serious moves to improve as well, and we all know how Shanahan has Belichick's number.

HD: Stallworth has talent to be sure. But that's not enough. As has been mentioned, he has attitude, injury, and substance abuse problems. There have been players with as many issues who have gotten big money deals in the recent past. Hell, Welker got almost 3 times as much guaranteed money as Stallworth, and the Pats traded picks away for him as well. So I wouldn't exactly call him a coveted FA WR, much less the top FA WR. Again the Pats taking-on a player like this is something that goes against what they've done in the past.

As for having a much better roster than last year, debatable at best. Thomas may or may not prove to be all he is advertised, but the track record of Ravens defenders after they leave Baltimore is pretty well-established, and Rosey Colvin hasn't come close to duplicating what he did with the Bears. And the trade-off of Dillon for Morris (a player similar to Faulk), Troy Brown for Welker, and Graham for no one isn't exactly scary. Add to that Vrabel, Bruschi, and Harrison aging rapidly...

Oh and the Pats were just as close, if not closer, to losing in the 2nd round (again) than they were to going to the SB (again). No more Marty to kick around, though and it looks like the Broncos are making serious moves to improve as well, and we all know how Shanahan has Belichick's number.

I wont argue with the first paragraph.

The second however, their roster is better than it was last year. Adalius Thomas is an upgrade over Tully Banta-Cain, Eugene Wilson and Rodney Harrison are healthy again and Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison age no faster or slower than any other human being (except those on crack)

3rd paragraph is pure hyperbole. They were no closer to burrowing to the center of the Earth as they were to flying to the moon.

WHO CARES? They got to where they got to plain and simple.

Yeah, much like letting go of Deon Branch and going with a committee of receivers. How did that approach fare for them against Indy in the conference championship when it counted??

Yeah, Deion Branch would have stopped Joseph Addai from getting into the endzone untouched. He also would have put more pressure on Manning and would have adequately covered Dallas Clark down the field.

Offense was not the problem in the AFCCG